Aruba Beach

Thread: HELLO ALL !!! New to Forum and ARUBA

HELLO ALL !!! New to Forum and ARUBA

Hi All,

I just found this forum and would like a few info about ARUBA... We, my husband and I and 2 kids (ages 2 and 4) will be having our first vacation in Aruba end of April for 7 days, we will be staying at The Westin. I would like some info about the resort, what's around the resorts area prefferrably walking distance, ie places to see and restaurants as we would like to experience local cuisines. I would also like information on where to get a cab from the airport to the hotel, and how much the cab fare would be? Any information is greatly appreciated... also I know US Dollars are accepted but is it better to have the local currency or dollars are fine?

Thanks so very much in advance to any info you guys can provide..

SOOOO EXCITED !!!

Aruba since 1979
    Quote Originally Posted by momi2cs View Post
    Hi All,

I just found this forum and would like a few info about ARUBA... We, my husband and I and 2 kids (ages 2 and 4) will be having our first vacation in Aruba end of April for 7 days, we will be staying at The Westin. I would like some info about the resort, what's around the resorts area prefferrably walking distance, ie places to see and restaurants as we would like to experience local cuisines. many restaurants in that high rise area. giannis, salt n pepper, lots in the westin resort including a nice japanese restaurant, madam janettes which is accessible by cab or rental car, texas dbrazil, amazonia, daniels chop house and many many more.I would also like information on where to get a cab from the airport to the hotel, and how much the cab fare would be? Any information is greatly appreciated... also I know US Dollars are accepted but is it better to have the local currency or dollars are fine? US dollars are widely accepted. the cabs are waiting outside the airport to take you to your hotel and i do not know the rate, but am guessing less than $25

Thanks so very much in advance to any info you guys can provide..

SOOOO EXCITED !!!
    welocme to the forum and you will LOVE aruba
    andrea

Welcome momi2cs!

I travel with kids the almost the same age. You are going to really love this forum and more importantly Aruba! Go through the posts you will find the answers to most of your questions. There will be a bunch of us down around the same time as you. If you want to meet some of us there is a BB meeting every Monday I believe. I forget off the top of my head right now, it's midnight and I am at work, my brains a little fried right now. Andrea, Amy, Liz, Cindy, Michelle, or someone will jump in and let you know. If I remember I will jump back in later.

Mark

It might be at the Amsterdam Manor???????????? Where's our experts at? I know, you're all sleeping!

Quote Originally Posted by arubamark View Post
    It might be at the Amsterdam Manor???????????? Where's our experts at? I know, you're all sleeping!
    Correct!

Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar, Mondays, 5 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Correct!

Amsterdam Manor Beach Bar, Mondays, 5 pm
    Thanks Lisa, I can't belive I forgot to put your name at the top of that list.

Thank goodness I am getting off work soon, another 2 hours. 8:00am, go home and get some rest for a couple of hours.

thanks so much for the warm welcome.. My husband and I have been enjoying reading all the wonderful posts in this forum, and quite helpful and making us even more excited to get there...

quote=arubamark;135613]Welcome momi2cs!

I travel with kids the almost the same age. You are going to really love this forum and more importantly Aruba! Go through the posts you will find the answers to most of your questions. There will be a bunch of us down around the same time as you. If you want to meet some of us there is a BB meeting every Monday I believe. I forget off the top of my head right now, it's midnight and I am at work, my brains a little fried right now. Andrea, Amy, Liz, Cindy, Michelle, or someone will jump in and let you know. If I remember I will jump back in later.

Mark[/quote]

Your kids will love the Westin! The staff always loves kids! My daughter loves the birds there. My friend, Carlos, handles the birds. He does a great job interacting with the kids and the birds! Every morning he gets them out and lets all the kids hold them and take pics!

There are so many places you can walk to from the Westin. There are a lot of casual restaurants right along the strip across the street. That will be great for your kids. Have a great trip!