Aruba Beach

Thread: Hello from New Hampshire!

Hello from New Hampshire!

My family has been to Aruba twice now and we are in love!
    We purchased a time share at La Cabana and will be using it for the first time in April. In the past we have always stayed at the Divi All Inclusive resort and didn't need to buy food. Is it necessary for us to rent a car to get groceries? I'm not sure where everything is located exactly (La Cabana and grocery store). Any advice is very much appreciated! Many thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Renting a car is personal preference. If you only need it to go grocery shopping perhaps rent for just a day or two?

http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/car%...s.%20taxi.html

I think Cindy had great advice and said it best

Rent a Car or Taxi

Pick your restaurants & shopping in advance and rent a car for a few days. Its a waste to have it sit in a lot and pay for it. With some of the restarants over a $60 cab ride it is well worth it to plan ahead...We do this and it works fine. Get the most out of your rental and you won't feel tied to it...

The supermarkets are all located off the main road about 3/4 of the way between the airport and La Cabana.
    http://www.wikimapia.org/#lat=12.531...5&z=17&l=0&m=b

Another option if you require a car solely for grocery shopping is to take the bus from La Cabana to the supermarket and when you are finished with your shopping, have the store call for a taxi for you.

Everything you'll need is going to be right behind you! They're putting in a supermarket in the old Black Hog Saloon property which is almost directly behind La cabana.
    What part of NH are you from? We're outside of Manch a little.

Aruba since 1979
    that super mkt that you speak of mattnh is not even close to being complete........
    the lot stands without a building
    with piles of dirt

looks the exact same as it did at this time last year.

Thanks so much for the responses! Looks like we will need to rent a car for the grocery trips.
    Also, I went to Baby Beach 8 years ago and there were no public bathrooms. Does anyone know if it is more family friendly now? I have two kids now...and we all know how that is!
    I would love to take the kids there for nice day of wading.
    MattNH, we are in Londonderry. Where are you? Looks like we are neighbors!!

Aruba since 1979
    baby beach has "pay as you go" portable potties.
    pay as you go...... is my idea of a joke ha ha or not ;-)

getting a car rental and scheduling things that need the use of a vehicle are a good plan....
    i recommend getting a vehicle for 72 hrs, get your grocery shopping done, see some of the things that are not a cab ride option including baby beach.

well it looks like alot of us New Hampshire people are getting out of this snow and into some nice weather for a change.. I can't wait, me and the wife are leaving first thing saturday morning!! woohoo!!