Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Hello planning an Aruba land vacation for the first time.

Hello planning an Aruba land vacation for the first time.

Our first time in Aruba was on a cruise ship in April and we absolutely fell in love! Such a beautiful place. We didn't get to see a lot, since our time was limited to a cruise day, but took a ride up to Arashi and hung out for the entire day. It was so beautiful that we knew right then and there that we wanted to return for a land vacation (and that's saying a lot since we cruise a lot and never do land vacations).

I have been doing a lot of research on here and trying to gather information and I'm sure I will have a lot of questions so thanks in advance.

I can't wait to visit!

Welcome to the Forum, just ask any question and it will be answered. Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Hi there! I'm glad that you made it onto this site. You'll find lots of handy information here. Everyone here loves Aruba and they are happy to help. For those of you who don't know AudiaS4, she writes incredible trip reports and is also a great photographer. I hope that you'll share some of your pictures with us from your Aruba vacation. Dianne
    Last edited by hatteras; 06-30-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Hi there! I'm glad that you made it onto this site. You'll find lots of handy information here. Everyone here loves Aruba and they are happy to help. For those of you who don't know AudiaS4, she writes incredible trip reports and is also a great photographer. I hope that you'll share some of your pictures with us from your Aruba vacation. Dianne

Hi Dianne and thanks for directing me here. I'm so glad you referred me here and I'll get to visit this beautiful place again. I'm getting super excited.

Is there a review section here on these boards? (Thanks for the kind comments about my reviews/photography).

Quote Originally Posted by angelone View Post
    Welcome to the Forum, just ask any question and it will be answered. Dick.

Thanks so much for the welcome and glad to be here. I'm sure I will have plenty of questions.

Aruba since 1979
    there is a
    My Aruba Story section/forum for Aruba reviews.

other reviews of other places goes into the Off Topic section/forum

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Hi Dianne and thanks for directing me here. I'm so glad you referred me here and I'll get to visit this beautiful place again. I'm getting super excited.

Is there a review section here on these boards? (Thanks for the kind comments about my reviews/photography).

Thanks for the information Andrea. I appreciate it.

So...I guess I have to ask (and Hatteras will understand why I'm asking lol), when I do my cruise reviews they are...well, the only way to put it is "A Novel" They depict a story of my family on vacation...they are informative and they are somewhat funny, because that's my sense of humor. They are LOADED with pictures...I mean loaded. I LOVE taking photographs...especially of all the places I go while in port. While I won't bore others on the boards in the "off topic section" with entire reviews of other places we have been, I would love to post a review of places we have been to in Aruba (at this point, it's only 1 place basically...Arashi). Is there any type of inappropriate amount of postings for a review? I'm not sure if you have a "limit" on pictures posted on each post (the way the cruise forums do and are limited to 6 pictures in each post). But usually a review of just a beach consist of several pages long. I know that most people will come back and say a few words about a place they have went to, maybe throw in a few pictures and then are open to questions. My reviews are nothing like that.

I just want to make sure that the "type" of review I do would be something that would be allowed on here. I don't want to upset anyone and I'll probably cut back a lot of the riff-raff in the review since some things would not make sense to those on this board due to it being part of the cruise.

I don't know...I hope I'm making sense.

Just a sneak at the a few photos I took on my trip there to Arashi:

Last edited by AudiaS4; 07-01-2017 at 12:03 PM.

Sorry, Mitsugirly is my handle on the cruise forums (don't mean to confuse).

Bring it on! I love detailed reports/reviews. And pictures are the icing on the cake!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    If you go to My Aruba Story, you can read the types of reviews that some of us post. Aruba4ever and cpjones are there now, and are writing daily reports. Bradrobster just got back and has been posting his reports. When you get caught up, just go to the section called "New posts" to see what they add each day. A lot of us post a little each day while we are there, and some post their report when they get back home. I don't know the limit on pictures. I've never been good with that, so if I have any, Andrea helps me with them. Usually, the reports aren't very long. If someone posts one that is really long when they get home, they post a link to it. Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast