Aruba Beach

Thread: Hey all! 1ST Visit May23rd

Hey all! 1ST Visit May23rd

Hey there! Wish we would've found this forum BEFORE we scheduled...We're staying at the Occidental

Young couple, looking for good shopping (jewelry), good music, food and relaxing fun.
    Really interested in the natural sights on the Island. Been reading the forums for info. Would love any tips...

Welcome to the board!!!!

Are you all inclusive? If not, Salt & Pepper is walkable from the Occidental. Resonable price and good lunches & dinners. Smokey Joe's is close by & have great ribs. If you are all inclusive & want to try some nice resturants for dinner, there are many. Madamn Janettes, Wacky Wahoo, Driftwood, Old Fisherman to name a few.

Also same with jewelry stores, there are many. We used Nobel's in the past (located downtown). Others have liked Kay's.

There is a new mall behind Holiday Inn that is walkable from Occidental. A friend owns the jewelry store called Kristy's. His name is Ravi. Tell him Tom & Karen sent you to him & maybe it will help with pricing. He also has a store downtown in the bus terminal.

If you would like a copy of the "Aruba Experience", PM your address & I will mail you one.

Enjoy!!!!!!
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

Quote Originally Posted by olcali View Post
    Really interested in the natural sights on the Island. Been reading the forums for info. Would love any tips...
    Welcome to the forum. For a fun island tour check out:
    ABC Aruba Tours
    Half Day Jeep Safari
    Full Day Jeep Safari

Thanks so much everyone! This seems liek a very pleasant forum.
    I plan to schedule the Island Tour. Would you suggest the 1/2 Day or Full Day option?

We have selected all inclusive. But we also plan on splurging on a few of the island's best restaurants. (Love Sushi and mexican)

So excited. Only 3 more days of work left!

We did a half day jeep tour- for us it was just enough.
    But we came by cruise ship and went back to the ship for lunch- I think the whole day tour woulda been too much.

Welcome,you will love Aruba...

My Wife and I did the full day trip during our first visit to Aruba in 2004. It was Awesome! You get an introduction to a large part of the island over the course of one day.
    We had a great guide, meet many good folks, Have a wild ride over very rugged terrain, snorkel, and Watch an Ostrich steal the glass of my wife as she feed them. She got the back quickly in with no issue except surprise and I did have the camera going for instant before and after shoot.
    Which every one choose you will have a good time!
    Have Fun, Pete

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    1/2 day is more than enough..cindyo

Today's the day! We leave this afternoon...unfortunate overnight stay in lovely Newark, NJ...then Aruba!
    Thanks for all the help. We'll give a full trip report in the upcoming days.