Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Andrea J.

Thread: Hi everyone!

Hi everyone!

Hi all!
    My husband and I have been coming to Aruba each year for the past 5 and I have a question! We hope to retire in the next 2-3 years, and want to live in Aruba for 3-6 months out of the year. I have done some investigating and have found a few "apartments/villas" that will rent short term. My question is: Do any of you know of anyone who does this? If so, is it possible to enter into some type of arrangement where we wouldn't have to pay deposits on electric/water etc..every year if we return to the same property? Or is there a better alternative to our plan? Thanks in advance!
    Kimberlee

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum kimberleeingrid!

i have no answer to your question, but advise you to contact soome real estate agents.

i have friends that stay at quality apartments every year from christmas thru March.
    they rent a 1 bedroom furnished apartment and pay no additional charges for utilities only their rent and a weeky tip for housekeeping.
    you may want to contact a realtor or some small apaartment places....

quality, king david, sasaki (these are just 3 that i can think of right now...let google be your friend )
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleeingrid View Post
    Hi all!
    My husband and I have been coming to Aruba each year for the past 5 and I have a question! We hope to retire in the next 2-3 years, and want to live in Aruba for 3-6 months out of the year. I have done some investigating and have found a few "apartments/villas" that will rent short term. My question is: Do any of you know of anyone who does this? If so, is it possible to enter into some type of arrangement where we wouldn't have to pay deposits on electric/water etc..every year if we return to the same property? Or is there a better alternative to our plan? Thanks in advance!
    Kimberlee

Hi Kimberlee! Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

I would think a realtor could be your best friend in this situation. You need to have someone you can trust and who will have a history with the renters, or knows the stories of where to stay away from.

Good luck!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Hi, I have a friend who is a realtor on the island. Let me know if you'd like her info.

We recently purchased a condo and our electric and water are added to our maintenance fee-we are billed two months behind so no need to get set up with the utilities. You may be able to find a place like this.