Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Hi Friends!

Amsterdam Manor, anywhere with a hot sun and a cold drink.

Hi Friends!

Hi Folks,

My name is Adam, and I am a long time reader of the forum. For whatever reason, I had never signed up to interact with you all, but yesterday I decided "why not?" and signed on up. I've only ever been to Aruba once, in April of 2013, for 10 days on our honeymoon. My wife, Michelle, had previously been to Aruba 4-5 times with her family, and pushed hard for an Aruba trip while I pushed back with a trip to the Dominican. She won out, and it's a good thing she did, because I have been absolutely enamored with the island ever since. What can I say? She's clearly the brains of this operation.

On a sad note, our next trip to Aruba likely won't be for quite some time. We've just returned from a vacation to Italy this past January, and due to some restructuring within my job, vacations are on an indefinite hiatus. That being said, we do know that our next vacation will be going back to where we stayed on our honeymoon, the Amsterdam Manor for some fun in the sun on Eagle Beach.

I look forward to getting to know all of you and discussing our favorite places on the greatest island (and greatest place!) on earth!

Adam

Italy?!? Were you slumming?!? The hardships we endure!

I remember I said that to friends at a dinner party a few years ago (in a very sullen voice): "We're disappointed we can't do both because of time restrictions so I guess we just go to Spain and we'll hit Aruba later in the year..."

My friend of twenty years, turned to me and said, "Listen to yourself." LOL

Welcome to the forum!

Hahah, exactly. It sounds bizarre to say "I won't be able to make Aruba this year due to our trip to Italy" but it's not like I can complain. Italy was incredible. Not nearly as relaxing as Aruba would've been, but the amount of stuff my wife and I crammed into 7 days was insane. So I feel like I need a week in a Aruba to decompress from my week in Italy. Does that make sense? LOL

Definitely! Eating dinner every night at 11:00 pm in Spain was crippling when we came back to North America. Two weeks in Aruba would have cured us all!

Well, it certainly beats where I'm from. We had weather in the mid-60's our whole week in Italy, actually quite high for that time of year. When we got back home to the great white north? It was 7 degrees. Super.

Welcome. I too was a casual reader and finally "joined" one day. It's a good thing and it's fun to hear about other trips.

We too went to Aruba on our honeymoon and then had a few year hiatus while having kids and job restructuring. Now I'm hooked again.

I have a feeling that's what will happen to us. Eventually we'll want to have kids and traveling will be on the back burner. But once the opportunity for an Aruba trip comes back on the table, we'll grab on and never let go again. We do plan to go for our fifth anniversary, so that's something I can hold on to. Only 3 more years. (Ow).

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Thanks! Good to be here (as a registered member, not just a secret reader)!

Aruba since 1979
    hhahaha a secret reader...............sounds so mysterious

Quote Originally Posted by amumma View Post
    Thanks! Good to be here (as a registered member, not just a secret reader)!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast