Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: hi I'm new

hi I'm new

Hi everyone, I am just new to this forum. My husband and I are due to fly to Aruba on 29th Sept for 2 weeks, and after reading some of the comments here, I cant wait. We are staying in the Holiday Inn, can anyone recommend any nearby restaurants that we can try to save us eating in the hotel all the time thanks

There are many resturants near by.

Beach Side: Lunch & Dinner: Moomba's, Pelican Nest

Across the road (Easy walk): Salt & Pepper, Smokey Joe's and many more.

We will be in Aruba when you are there.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

There are plenty of restaurants right across the street.

thanks for that folks, I am so excited I cannot wait, no-one seems to have a bad word to say about Aruba, and that to me is a perfect recommendation

Two weeks sounds like the perfect amount of time to get to know the island as well as spend plenty of time on the beach. Welcome to the forum.

Enjoy!!

Try Madam Jeanette, one of the best restaurants on the island. 5 minutes by car from the Holiday Inn.

I love Madame Janettes. My husband and I went to Aruba last year for the first time, and we are going back this year again Nov 7-14. I week is not enough, but it is all the time we can take off from work! You are smart that you are going for 2 weeks. We have been all over the US, Hawaii and Europe, and Aruba is my all time favorite place- I love the food, the people, and the serenity! We stayed at the Renaissance Ocean Suites last year in a one bedroom. I just found out that the week after us in the same unit we were in last year (which has a GORGEOUS view of the ocean) is available too (Nov 14-21 on). We can not take it but would love to. There is a private island there too. I love Aruba. Hope you have a blast!

Aruba since 1979
    I highly recommend eating off Holiday Inn property for most if not all of your meals................or are you doing the all inclusive plan?
    Madam Janettes 5 -10 min cab drive
    Rumbas (downtown) 10 min cab drive
    Matthews (at aruba beach club/cdm) 5 - 10 in cab
    LaCascada inland near Caribbean Palm Villas 10 min cab drive
    Tomato Charlies.... good pizza and salads and more a 5 in walk from Holiday Inn
    Buffet @ Laguna Radisson 10 minute walk
    Tulip @ MVC Eagle Beach is a 5 min cab ride
    Linda Dutch Pancakes is a 5 in cab ride ( breakfast, lunch and dinner and their pancakes are really soething to write home about)

do your math and see if it would be cost effective to rent a car?

Aruba's marketing saying should be "Aruba, so many restaurants, not enough days"

Re: Holiday Inn food. Many folks love it, some don't. I have stayed there doing the all inclusive a nuber of years ago and we felt it was just so-so. We did not starve, but found the all inclusive there was not for us. Did all inclusive 4 or 5 times at Tamarijn and the food and drinks were so much better.

You will love the beach at the Holiday Inn.
    Enjoy
    Andrea

Quote Originally Posted by angiep View Post
    Hi everyone, I am just new to this forum. My husband and I are due to fly to Aruba on 29th Sept for 2 weeks, and after reading some of the comments here, I cant wait. We are staying in the Holiday Inn, can anyone recommend any nearby restaurants that we can try to save us eating in the hotel all the time thanks

angiep
    You'll have to do a trip report when you get back. I'm going in March 09 and think we'll end up staying the Holiday inn all-inclusive (we have s huge group) curious to hear about your stay
    Happy travels
    Maureen

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast