Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi, I'm New to the Forum

Hi, I'm New to the Forum

Hi, Forum Members,

What a great site!

I'm Michelle from Santa Fe (we had a cold, cold winter) and I'm looking forward to my second trip to Aruba. My first trip, I stayed at the Renaissance. It was so quiet and peaceful there and I loved it, but I was told it wasn't the "real" Aruba. So I'm looking forward to seeing the real Aruba at Palm Beach this time, supposedly one of the best beaches in the world. I know I'm going to love it there too.

I'll be there for my birthday, which happens to be Memorial Weekend. I heard there's a concert series happening then on the island. Does anyone know if any of the concerts are close to Palm Beach or within walking distance?

Looking forward,
    Michelle
    Last edited by Shell; 04-11-2010 at 05:27 PM.

Thanks for the link, ChuckiesDad. Those are the same things I'm wondering that I'd like to know before I buy a ticket.

Michelle

Michelle,
    Everything on the island is really close as the island is so small.
    Taxis are cheap, or you could rent a car for the week or even a few days. The smaller cars are really cheap and then its pretty easy to get around.
    Glad to know you enjoyed it enough to go back, take lots of pictures and post them when you get back so we can enjoy them with you...!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks, danadog56,

That makes me feel more comfortable about buying a ticket! I need to get to know my way around. Maybe I'll rent a car this time.

Michelle

The great news about this years event is it is spread out and even include San Nicolas - yipee. Of course, the day activities will be at one of our favorites - Moomba's - see you there!!!!

Sunscreen, what are the day activities for Soul Fest that are going on at Moomba's? I have read so much about Moomba's here in the forum--can you tell me where it is?
    Thanks--We will be in Aruba on Saturday wooooooooohoooooooooo I just can't wait!!
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by sunscreen View Post
    The great news about this years event is it is spread out and even include San Nicolas - yipee. Of course, the day activities will be at one of our favorites - Moomba's - see you there!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    love aruba ENJOY and safe travels. have fun.

Thanks Andrea. As I have said, I just can't wait. Going to make sure this is a great vacation, as it is our 20th anniversary. My hubby was in the hospital last year in Aruba. He has had blood work done, and everything looks good, so we are good to go. Just gotta pack.
    Be careful going to Florida and I will check out your "moving" updates when we get back.
    Good Luck!
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    love aruba ENJOY and safe travels. have fun.

Hi Michelle,

Welcome to the forum and weather renaissance or palm beach, you are in the "real Aruba ", some people enjoy quiet, I've never stayed at the Renaissance, but there are quite a few members here, who absolutely love that part of the " real aruba " , you will have a good time , enjoy, where are you staying on Palm Beach? Have a wonderful birthday

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast