Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Hi! New here :)

Hi Diana, Welcome to the forum my first to the island was in February great time of the year to be there. Hope you have a good time Dick.
    Next Aruba trip in

Yes, we will be there from February 7-18! So we will get to experience this. I'll have to look up some information. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by CK1 View Post
    Hi Diana!
    Aruba in February? Carnival comes to mind!
    In 2016 Carnival is quite early. It will be over by Ash Wednesday, February 10, 2016.
    Will you be in Aruba during that time?

Welcome to the forum!

CK1
    Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by diana247 View Post
    Yes, we will be there from February 7-18! So we will get to experience this. I'll have to look up some information. Thanks!
    The biggest event, the Grand Parade, will take place on the day you arrive! Here is some info:

February 7th, 2016
    The largest carnival parade is the Grand Parade through Oranjestad, held on the Sunday before Ash Wednesday. This parade is filled with music and luxurious floats and costumes in various designs and decorated with a wide variety of colorful stones and feathers, creating a unique display. Aruba’s main event starts at 12:00 noon in Oranjestad and continues into the evening hours.

http://www.aruba.com/things-to-do/ar...arnival-parade

Welcome to the forum . I am just new here myself. Looking forward to getting many tips from everyone and reading of everyone's experiences.

Diana - since you will be arriving on the day of the Grand Parade, I highly recommend a taxi from the airport. It will be about $28 (they add $3 for Sunday). Keep in mind the traffic will be rough getting from the area since main roads will be shut down for this major event, just remember it's not always like that.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by volcano View Post
    Welcome to the forum . I am just new here myself. Looking forward to getting many tips from everyone and reading of everyone's experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Diana - since you will be arriving on the day of the Grand Parade, I highly recommend a taxi from the airport. It will be about $28 (they add $3 for Sunday). Keep in mind the traffic will be rough getting from the area since main roads will be shut down for this major event, just remember it's not always like that.
    I was wondering about that! We were planning to rent a car, do you think it will be a problem getting to our hotel? I'm wondering if there is a way to rent a car after we get to our hotel and just get the taxi from the airport.

Hi Diana!! Welcome to the forum. As has been said before you are going to enjoy your first trip to Aruba, just know that it won't be your last, that there will be many more to follow. You've picked a great time to visit, Carnival is a fun and festive time on the island. Just brace yourself for some traffic getting to the hotel from the airport. Other than that, enjoy your first visit!!

I was wondering about that! We were planning to rent a car, do you think it will be a problem getting to our hotel? I'm wondering if there is a way to rent a car after we get to our hotel and just get the taxi from the airport.
    Many car rental companies will deliver a car to your hotel.
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

I think you have 2 options:
    If you want to get your rental from the airport, just plan for traffic and use the time to explore side streets on the Island, just knowing that there is no rush to the hotel and knowing that you may get turned around a few times. But if you are adventurous and like exploring, this could be an interesting drive.

For us, after travelling, we prefer a taxi to the hotel. You can sit back and look around while a pro gets you to your hotel in the best route possible on that day. It would be more relaxing, in my opinion.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast