Aruba Beach

Thread: Honeymoon in 3 days-1 timer

Honeymoon in 3 days-1 timer

We are leaving for Aruba on Sunday and coming back on Wednesday for our HONEYMOON. I am so excited and have never been to Aruba. We are staying at the Brickell Bay. Has anyone had any experiences w/ them?? I hope we don't get there to have to change hotels.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauran Oliver View Post
    We are leaving for Aruba on Sunday and coming back on Wednesday for our HONEYMOON. I am so excited and have never been to Aruba. We are staying at the Brickell Bay. Has anyone had any experiences w/ them?? I hope we don't get there to have to change hotels.
    Brickell Bay is one of the only high rise area hotels THAT IS NOT ON THE BEACH.I have never stayed there,but wouldn't stay there if I WERE ON MY HONEYMOON.To get to the beach you have to cross a main road and than go through a driveway where the Hyatt is.The beaches are all open to the public,but you will not be able to use there chairs.I have to ask,who booked your trip?Hope this helps and i hope you have a great time on your honeymoon.

Well we bought the trip last year. It is one of those time share things and we have to listen to that crap for 90 min or whatever it is. We were going to use it in the USA but decided when we got engaged that we could just use it and save some money. BUT if we get there and it is terrible do you have any suggestions on a affordable and nicer place???????

Aruba since 1979
    this is the LOW season in aruba and you will find good deals

try priceline and choose resort name your own price
    chances are you will get the marriott or the holiday inn for around $100 - $125 a night

brickel bay is not terrific it is adequate at best. (imo)

andrea

Hey,
    It's your Honeymoon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure that you will make the best of it. If you offer a tip to one of the Hotel people on the beach, near one of the Pier Bars, you may get LUCKY and get a beach chair and a towel. Aruba people are very NICE people and negotiable. Maybe there is something you can work out at The Hotel you are staying at as well. Congradulations!!!!!!!!

Hi Lauran Oliver, I go along with everyone, the Brickell Bay eventhough bought and remoled, its not edaquate at all for honeymoon.

I stayed there in 04 and its was not a pretty seen, hotel not to standard and the major road in order to get to beach, is not safe or cool for my honeymoon.
    Andrea J has the right idea, go to a travel agent or if you do not have one, I can help you get the best deal for your honeymoon.

virgilia_rainey@csaa.com

I have been meaning to send a new post to everyone since our honeymoon return. I would not recommend the Brickell Bay for a honeymoon. I guess for the few nights we were there it was fine but we won't stay there again. We defenitly got what we paid for. Otherwise we enjoyed Aruba and did better after we rented a car and could get around easier. Thanks for the advice and help.