Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon at the Tam in September!

Honeymoon at the Tam in September!

Hello!

My name is Gaby & I'm new to the board, but have been reading posts for quite sometime (ever since my fiancÚ & I decided to go to Aruba for our honeymoon).

Well, we just booked our trip for September 12th to September 18th (we get married September 10th)!! We are SO excited! We'll be staying at the Tam & I cannot wait. I've been reading up on everything they have to offer, but I'm sure I'll have questions as the next 5 months go buy. I'm thankful that our flights will allow us to enjoy even a little bit of our travel days. Our flight arrives at 3:30 on the 12th & we leave Aruba around 1:30 on the 18th.

I hope to make my visits here in the forum frequent! I am so excited to see Aruba and enjoy a nice little vacation with my soon to be husband. We've never been away together for an extended time & neither of us have been out of the country. Cannot wait! :-D

P.S. Just wanted to add that ArubaLisa is a GODSEND! You seriously have the best information of anything I've read anywhere online. So thank you for all of the info you've shared here!! I enjoy reading your posts!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

congratulations on your engagement and upcoming nuptials.

aruba is a great spot to begin your lives together.

Thank you Andrea! You were actually one of the other people who I've enjoyed reading posts from! You & ArubaLisa know your stuff!

If you or anyone in the forum can share any information on what the crowds are like in September, that would be great!

Congrats. My husband and I spent our Honeymoon in Aruba in September 2009. We stayed at the Amsterdam Manor and it seemed practically empty! We never had a problem finding a spot on the beach or getting dinner reservations the week of. I'm a little nervous that our trip this June will be a lot more crowded than it was in September. We aren't into the nightclub scene so I can't speak on that. Aruba in September is what sold on us Aruba being the best place on earth!

And yay! My ticker worked!

Gaby thanks for your kind words, you are very welcome, we are one big family. Welcome to our forum family. Congratulations on your upcoming nuptials and honeymoon.

I can already tell you that as honeymooners you will more than likely want to request one of the higher numbered buildings say from 2100- 2500. It is a bit quieter than the rest of the resort.

September is generally a quieter month. However, the Tamarijn is an extremely popular resort. May is also a more quiet month and if you go into the booking system on their website you can see that there are already see there are stretches of dates, up to 6 nights, already sold out. Having said that, we have been to the resort 4 times and 2 of those times thre resort was sold out. You would not have know it. You just need to be flexible in making your dinner reservations unless you prefer the buffet, even easier.

Aruba since 1979
    Thank you for the compliment.
    we do try and do appreciate the thank yous.

and..........september is a wonderful laid back time.....crowds are minimal.

i have been to aruba in every month except march.

imo/experiences
    quietest/slowest -Sept thru mid November.

busiest -Christmas thru New Years and then carnival season, president's week, Easter week.

september is a good choice, the breezes might be less than in the the winter or spring and early summer.

remember........when you are finished packing, remove half of the clothes and add in more bathing suits!!

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    Thank you Andrea! You were actually one of the other people who I've enjoyed reading posts from! You & ArubaLisa know your stuff!

If you or anyone in the forum can share any information on what the crowds are like in September, that would be great!

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I appreciate your responses!

We just booked the trip on Friday, so I will have to see if my travel agent can put in a room request. I did do some extensive research on what section of rooms would be best. I'd definitely like to be close to things, but not so close that it's not peaceful .. though no matter what, it will be.

I did read a few posts about having to make dinner reservations in the morning - thankfully I'm an early bird & will most likely be up & able to do so. We're pretty flexible & am not too worried about it. I'm just ready for a nice, relaxing vacation full of yummy food & drinks, sun, sand & surf! :-D We're not huge partiers, so we'll be lounging for as much of the trip as possible.

Thank you for the packing tip, Andrea! I tend to over pack, so I just have to keep telling myself that there is no need for the 4957348 things I will most likely try to pack.

I am sure my questions will be plenty over the next few months, though in reading through tons of stuff, a lot have already been answered. Thank you again!

P.S. Anyone else going to be at the Tam around the same time?
    Last edited by cupidgirl21483; 04-10-2011 at 09:58 PM. Reason: Spelling mistake

Quote Originally Posted by cupidgirl21483 View Post
    We just booked the trip on Friday, so I will have to see if my travel agent can put in a room request. I did do some extensive research on what section of rooms would be best. I'd definitely like to be close to things, but not so close that it's not peaceful .. though no matter what, it will be.
    2100-2500 will be quietest but not closest. A good compromise would be 1100.

Resort
    Map

Thank you for the packing tip, Andrea! I tend to over pack, so I just have to keep telling myself that there is no need for the 4957348 things I will most likely try to pack.
    Dress Code resort casual

Thank you again!! Though I know I won't need much more than bathing suits & comfy, casual attire ... I tend to over pack all the time. I'm making a very detailed list so that maybe this time I'll break my habit. :-P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast