Aruba Beach

Thread: Honeymooning in Sept!

Honeymooning in Sept!

Hi all!

I just wanted to intoduce myself. My name is Jeff and I will be accompanied by my beautiful fiancee on our first trip to "The Happy Island" for our honeymoon. We will marry on Sept 6th and be in Aruba on the 8th for 5 wonderful nights. We are not itinerary kind of people but I love to research a bunch so when we are out and about I can say "oh I read about that place, let's check it out". I will be 35 when we travel and my fiancee is 7 years the younger. We will be doing plenty of lounging and beach bummin' and we are not huge partiers but we will probably look for some night life entertainment.

I recently took my first vacation out of the US in March. I went to Jamaica and had a wonderful time!!! I will definitely go back again but want to try other places as well...hence Aruba! Anyway, I joined a forum before that trip and got tons of valuable information even though I did not get to use most of it on my short 4 night stay (happens when you don't plan an itinerary and get caught up in a beautiful place for the first time . I am hoping to get some of the same here. Any advice is welcome and I look forward to chatting with some of you very soon!

P.S. I am very adventurous so any crazy or off the beaten path information is super welcome! I am thinking about sky diving while there if that helps with the level of adventure to which I speak.

Thanks in advance!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    5 nights in aruba…..you will be busy!

here is the link to the sky diving place http://skydivearuba.com/Home.html

please tell us where you'll be staying

visit all of the categories of this forum that interest you, especially Activites/Sports, Culinary, Nightlife, and the Wedding Honeymoon category.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeJeff View Post
    Hi all!

I just wanted to intoduce myself. My name is Jeff and I will be accompanied by my beautiful fiancee on our first trip to "The Happy Island" for our honeymoon. We will marry on Sept 6th and be in Aruba on the 8th for 5 wonderful nights. We are not itinerary kind of people but I love to research a bunch so when we are out and about I can say "oh I read about that place, let's check it out". I will be 35 when we travel and my fiancee is 7 years the younger. We will be doing plenty of lounging and beach bummin' and we are not huge partiers but we will probably look for some night life entertainment.

I recently took my first vacation out of the US in March. I went to Jamaica and had a wonderful time!!! I will definitely go back again but want to try other places as well...hence Aruba! Anyway, I joined a forum before that trip and got tons of valuable information even though I did not get to use most of it on my short 4 night stay (happens when you don't plan an itinerary and get caught up in a beautiful place for the first time . I am hoping to get some of the same here. Any advice is welcome and I look forward to chatting with some of you very soon!

P.S. I am very adventurous so any crazy or off the beaten path information is super welcome! I am thinking about sky diving while there if that helps with the level of adventure to which I speak.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Jeff!! Welcome to the board. You came to the right place for great info!! My daughter did the skydiving in Aruba last July and says that's one of the funest adventures she has ever done. There is soo much to do on Aruba so it looks like u r getting a nice early start. Happy Easter!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    jeff , if you take a look at KENT's posting avatar you will see that he is using a hand held snorkeling propeller device (scooter)
    kent is the owner/manager of www.arubabobsnorkeling.com and it would be a great adventure for you and your bride.
    my husband and i did it 18 mos or so ago and loved it. there were actually 4 of us. paul and i and a honeymoon couple.
    it was a blast and everybody had a wonderful time.
    it was probably one of the best things we have ever done in aruba.

Hi all!

Thanks in advance!

Hey Andrea,

Thank you for the info and the welcome. I have done a decent amount of research already which is why I am here on the forum to get advice from "real people" and not just websites. I will look into all the different categories here...I have already checked out ArubaBobs and that does look interesting. One thing we do not want to do is make a bunch of actual plans and set up an itinerary. That's just not us. I do, however, get very excited and love to do tons of research (most of which will probably not be used) so that when we are out and about and decide to try something I can have an idea about the place. We have already signed up for the Jeep tour to the natural pool and other stops through the big company on island. The name escapes me at the moment. I have since found out we can rent a Jeep and do the rugged drive ourselves...this seems fun. Do you know if it is possible to use the money we've already paid towards this on a different adventure?

Thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    jeff , if you take a look at KENT's posting avatar you will see that he is using a hand held snorkeling propeller device (scooter)
    kent is the owner/manager of www.arubabobsnorkeling.com and it would be a great adventure for you and your bride.
    my husband and i did it 18 mos or so ago and loved it. there were actually 4 of us. paul and i and a honeymoon couple.
    it was a blast and everybody had a wonderful time.
    it was probably one of the best things we have ever done in aruba.

We will be staying at the Tam. Not sure how to spell it off hand yet

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    5 nights in aruba…..you will be busy!

here is the link to the sky diving place http://skydivearuba.com/Home.html

please tell us where you'll be staying

visit all of the categories of this forum that interest you, especially Activites/Sports, Culinary, Nightlife, and the Wedding Honeymoon category.

Aruba since 1979
    The company is depalm?
    contact them to see if you are allowed to substitute.
    Hey Andrea,

Thank you for the info and the welcome. I have done a decent amount of research already which is why I am here on the forum to get advice from "real people" and not just websites. I will look into all the different categories here...I have already checked out ArubaBobs and that does look interesting. One thing we do not want to do is make a bunch of actual plans and set up an itinerary. That's just not us. I do, however, get very excited and love to do tons of research (most of which will probably not be used) so that when we are out and about and decide to try something I can have an idea about the place. We have already signed up for the Jeep tour to the natural pool and other stops through the big company on island. The name escapes me at the moment. I have since found out we can rent a Jeep and do the rugged drive ourselves...this seems fun. Do you know if it is possible to use the money we've already paid towards this on a different adventure?

Thanks!!!!