Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How's the Weather

How's the Weather

HELP!!! I am traveling to Aruba next Wednesday, the 8th until the 13th, and am hoping to live on the beach in the sun for five days. BUT, I just checked the weather channel and it says "showers" for our first 3-4 days there. We've never been to Aruba. When the forecast says "showers," does that usually mean rain all day, or does it mean the rain will come and go (like it does in Hawaii)? I am starting to panic!

I also have never been to a forum such as this before, nor have I been to a blog, so if anyone resonds, I hope that I can find it!

I just posted this in another thread:

A shower is just that in Aruba, a shower - sometimes 15 minutes, a half hour....maybe an hour at most. In the 5 times we have been there, the most it rained was 1 day for about 4 hours straight and that was during their rainy season in November/December.

Also, every time I check the weather in Aruba before we leave, the forecast is NEVER what they say. I think they do that to prepare us "just in case" Aruba has the best weather, believe me! Don't panic!

Iguana Joe's, Miss the Natural Bridge, Butterfly Farm
    Quote Originally Posted by janlel View Post
    I just posted this in another thread:

A shower is just that in Aruba, a shower - sometimes 15 minutes, a half hour....maybe an hour at most. In the 5 times we have been there, the most it rained was 1 day for about 4 hours straight and that was during their rainy season in November/December.

Also, every time I check the weather in Aruba before we leave, the forecast is NEVER what they say. I think they do that to prepare us "just in case" Aruba has the best weather, believe me! Don't panic!
    I totally agree with this. They just do this to prepare you just in case. The 5 times I have been there the only rain I experienced was the tail end of Hurricane Ivan and the of course there was that shower(5 mins) last year. The rain will only cool you off and not stop you from living on the beach. Have a great trip!
    Mike M

Pool Side in

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I'm feeling so much better!

The forecasts are downright bogus. IMHO, they put the showers in to cover themselves. When there is no mention of wind in the forecast, THEN is the time to worry. It will be HOTTER than hot.

The Meteorological service of the Netherlands Antilles and Aruba http://www.meteo.an/ is smart enough not to predict weather more than 3 days in advance. Closer to your trip you may like their forecasts better as well.

I cannot post the link because it does not work, but go to http://www.accuweather.com/ and their 6 - 10 day forecast for Oranjestad. IMHO, their wind forecast is very conservative.
    Wednesday, Aug 8
    Very humid with times of clouds and sun; windy in the afternoon. Winds from the ENE at 15 mph.
    Thursday, Aug 9
    Very humid with clouds and intervals of sunshine. Winds from the ESE at 9 mph
    Friday Night, Aug 10
    Partly cloudy and humid. Winds will be light and variable

I'm coming from the 11th to the 18th and am stressing about the weather a little. I'm not worried about showers, but from the accuweather forecast it looks like it's been humid and not very windy. I don't mind the heat when I'm just hanging out on the beach but I'd like to get out and play golf a couple days. Any ideas on what I can expect next week?

Quote Originally Posted by anthony123 View Post
    I'm coming from the 11th to the 18th and am stressing about the weather a little. I'm not worried about showers, but from the accuweather forecast it looks like it's been humid and not very windy. I don't mind the heat when I'm just hanging out on the beach but I'd like to get out and play golf a couple days. Any ideas on what I can expect next week?
    Weather forecast for the ABC islands valid until Tuesday midday 12:00 AST. http://www.meteo.an/
    Weather:
    Today: Partly cloudy with no significant precipitation.
    Tonight through Tuesday midday: Generally partly cloudy with a chance of a passing shower after midnight into the morning hours.
    Winds: Easterly and light to moderate; force 2 to 4 (4 - 18 mph). Occasionally fresh in gusts; force 5 (19 - 24 mph).
    Synopsis: Lingering moisture will combine with an unstable atmosphere to produce some cloudiness which could then induce a few passing showers over parts of the islands.
    Sea conditions: Wave heights over open waters will be generally between 1 and 1.5 meters (3 to 5 feet).
    Forecaster: H. M. Lauffer.
    The next weather forecast will be issued on Monday 16:00 AST (20:00 UTC).
    Last updated: Monday August 06, 2007, 10:00 AST (14:00 UTC).

You may also like the forecast at http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/78982.html better. I usually just tell people to keep looking until you find one to your looking, because you will never find two exactly alike.

Funny, Aruban weather service says for today "no significant precipitation", but weather wunderground calls for 60% chance of precipitation. Last week the Aruban weather service mentioned a tropical wave (heavy rain showers) passing through the area. For those 3 days the weather was (and has been since) spectacular...clear blue skies with a couple of puffy white clouds. Since then the rest of the week was a touch cloudier, but still nothing to complain about.

Aruba can be very humid, but the humidity does go down during the day as the sun heats up the atmosphere and dries things out.

hello everybody! I'm Andrew, i'm writing from Italy. i'd like to come there in October or first days of November but:
    1) it's difficult to get informations about flights and hotels in travel agencies;
    2) i still not understand how the weather is. in some web pages they say there's not rain, in other that is hurricane period..

please HELP ME!

hello everybody! I'm Andrew, i'm writing from Italy. i'd like to come there in October or first days of November but:
    1) it's difficult to get informations about flights and hotels in travel agencies;
    Hi Andrew, if you can hop a flight to the UK, to get to Aruba, check out http://www.firstchoice.co.uk/aruba

Have you also looked at http://italian.aruba.com/home.htm
    2) i still not understand how the weather is. in some web pages they say there's not rain, in other that is hurricane period..please HELP ME!
    Hurricane season in that part of the world is June 1 - November 30. Aruba and other southern Caribbean islands such as Bonaire, Curacao, Isla de Margarita, Trindidad and Tobago and considered to lay south of where hurricanes usually go. This is not to say that it does not happen, but chances of a hurricane are much better further northward into the Caribbean.

i just returned from Aruba, there was no rain, and there was always a nice breeze blowing. only time you really need to worry about rain in aruba is november. other than that, it will be short periods of rain, then sunshine right after. it did not rain the duration of our trip. beautiful place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast