Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Interested in coming there for 90 days

Interested in coming there for 90 days

Hello everyone,

I am interested in coming there for 90 days, maybe longer if allowed to stay. I would be grateful for any and all information you can give me. I have been trying to find out what is the average monthly electric/water/gas bill for one person. This is very hard to find. Is it safe for a single female? What would be the best area on the islands to stay? What activities do people that are retired, residents, citizens enjoy. Are there activities that people can enjoy without having to spend money everyday as if they were tourists - example, sight-seeing, beaches.....? Would it be better for me to try to rent a room, or just stay with long-term rentals? Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    anjell
    i am going to copy this and post it on the apartments category and maybe there will be some feedback from that category too..

i encourage you to go thru this site and see the activities section and the getting around aruba section.

there you will see loads of activities about shore snorkeling sites that are free, places to explore over on the rough side of the island and there will be talk of car rentals and bus routes etc...

all of the beaches are FREE
    at the beaches, the shade huts/lounges and chairs are supplied by the resorts for their guests.

safe for female.
    yes with caution.
    use the same care you would at home with door locking, car travels and leaving things locked in trunk out of site, being alone late at night in undesirable AND desirable locations.

i could go on and on, but i encourage you to scope arond the forum and read up.

you will be amazed at what you will find.

take plenty of time and read the posts.

andreaq

Quote Originally Posted by Annjell View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am interested in coming there for 90 days, maybe longer if allowed to stay. I would be grateful for any and all information you can give me. I have been trying to find out what is the average monthly electric/water/gas bill for one person. This is very hard to find. Is it safe for a single female? What would be the best area on the islands to stay? What activities do people that are retired, residents, citizens enjoy. Are there activities that people can enjoy without having to spend money everyday as if they were tourists - example, sight-seeing, beaches.....? Would it be better for me to try to rent a room, or just stay with long-term rentals? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Annjell View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am interested in coming there for 90 days, maybe longer if allowed to stay. I would be grateful for any and all information you can give me.
    http://www.arubarealestate.com/relocation/
    "Tourists may enter Aruba without a written permit and may remain for a period not exceeding 14 days. For tourists who are subjects of countries, which have an agreement with the Kingdom of the Netherlands to abolish the visa obligation - this agreement also being applicable to Aruba - the aforementioned period is three months. ..."

Thanks Andrea J and Arubalisa! Please, any idea about the averages for monthly utilities such as electricity, water and gas? Thanks.

Okay, I will try this again! I was wondering about the average monthly utilities bills. I ask this, because, on some Caribbean islands the rate is about $150, some are higher. I know it depends on what island you're on. Then there are some that charge electricity by the number of rooms in your place.....I wanted to know about the water, because some are public water, and others use cisterns - yet, the costs varies depending on the island.

Here in the U.S., I pay roughly $25 a month. If it is extremely cold, my bill can average between $55-80 month during extreme weather. This is for a one bedroom apartment.

Thanks

Aruba since 1979
    re: the cost of utilities
    personally i do not know.
    i do know that folks say water and electricity are expensive, but what is expensive to some is inexpensive to others.

i encourage you to go to the "moving to aruba/living on aruba" sections and post there.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f34/

andrea
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-11-2009 at 09:05 AM.

Hello Arubarock, thanks for wishing me luck. BTW, the name is Annjell, and I am from California. Maybe it's a mixup, not sure. Again, thanks. As of today, no information.

3 bed 3 bath home with a pool. we pay around 300 to 400 florin power and 100 to 150 florin in water. Sometimes more sometimes less, it all depends on what you do or use I guess.

The last time I left Aruba I asked at the airport how long I could stay on the island and was told up to 6 months out of the year. where does 2 weeks or 90 days come from?

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by ragdoll View Post
    where does 2 weeks or 90 days come from?
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/any-one-have-answer-41570/
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    DIMAS of Aruba has posted new 2009 regulations for people to stay longer than 30 days. ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Beach Boy View Post
    REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY INTO ARUBA AS A TOURIST
    DURATION OF ADMISSION
    The maximum period of time that a person can be admitted to Aruba as a tourist is in principle 30 days. The total amount of days a person can stay in Aruba as a tourist cannot exceed 180 days per year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    I think that they will approve it at customs - over by 3 days I don't think is enough to have to file anything. That I wouldn't sweat over.
    Quote Originally Posted by lizzardo View Post
    Just back from Dimas - They said for the 33 day stay - no need to file. But for longer stays - you need to file.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast