Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Into, first timer, 13Feb - 20Feb

Aruba since 1979
    Yes you can get change returned in florins.
    The square coin is a great souvenir

Great, thanks. I saw the square coins, look cool. Would recommend to keep spending money in florins, or USD? Are both accepted pretty much everywhere? I never like to be restricted by money. At home, I never carry cash, credit cards only. When traveling, I'm pretty much cash only, save for travel tickets, reservations, and the like. Just too many places that don't take credit.

I love that this site has the current temperature in Aruba at the top of the page. Oh...what I wouldn't give right now for 91F... I'm sure by February I won't be able to figure out how I'm going to get the airport without taking a coat, gloves and snow boots along.

Aruba since 1979
    spend in us $

you'll be given change sometimes in florins

the ATM machines dispense in dollars or florins......your choice

Well, all I can add to the splendid advice given is: Welcome to the Forum! Y0u are in for the mos pleasant experience possible. Aruba is really, "Paradise," and the people prove it is, "One Happy Island.

Enjoy.

Ed

Smile

Welcome to the board. You will LOVE Aruba. I am here now for my 25th trip and its the best. I never want to leave!! Good luck. Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Moomba Beach, Eagle Beach - just about anywhere I can wiggle my toes in the sand and enjoy an ice cold Bright
    Infinion -I'm sure that there are plenty of sites dedicated to Aruba's Carnival but all I can find at the moment is the schedule for 2012. (I hope this link works for you). If you google Aruba Carnival 2012 you should get enought hits to keep you busy for a while.

My sisters and I used to go to just about every parade we could but now we are down to the Lighting Parade ( 11Feb2012) and the Grand Carnival Parade ( 19FEB2012).

We should be at Oceania at the same time - I'm that we will run into you and your wife around the pool or at the beach. I hope you like it there as much as we do.

All,

Just some odds and ends to think about without starting new threads. Feel free to toss in quick suggestions, or point to me to a relevant thread I may have missed. Much thanks in advance.

I have about a zillion eateries on the list that I've asked my wife to sort through, so we're pretty set there, unless someone really wants to add something in.

I'm still debating the full week Jeep rental. I doubt we actually need it, but we do like to explore. If I can get a full week Jeep rental for some reasonable price, I'm okay with that, even if it sits untouched in the parking lot for a few of those days. I'm willing to pay for convenience, but I'm okay with a shuttle type arrangement at the airport as long as they are reliable and don't take up too much of my beach time. Any suggestions? And yes, I've read the many threads about rentals; that's probably why I'm debating it still. I think I need someone to decide for me.

Just started looking for a spa. I think a couple's massage is a requirement for beach destination travel. Not really into other spa treatments. Suggestions?

Still looking for recent info on an ATV tour and horseback riding. We'll probably do one or the other, but could be convinced to do both assuming our butts hold out... Private-ish tours are great as long as the costs stays reasonable.

I didn't get a lot of hits on my question of souvenirs. Any ideas on that thing that you bring home to people so they know you've been to Aruba? We like to get our parents something since they cat-sit while we travel abroad. We usually try to pick up token items that take up very little space (we're carry-on only travelers) but aren't too typical (the fridge magnet, the shot glass, etc.) Although, we've been known to fall back on those too. Something locally produced maybe?

Open-ended question of the day: Anyone been recently and did something super cool and very unique? We're into that kind of thing.

Thanks again for such a great community that I'm sure is a great reflection of Aruba.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by Infinion View Post
    All,
    .I didn't get a lot of hits on my question of souvenirs. Any ideas on that thing that you bring home to people so they know you've been to Aruba? We like to get our parents something since they cat-sit while we travel abroad. We usually try to pick up token items that take up very little space (we're carry-on only travelers) but aren't too typical (the fridge magnet, the shot glass, etc.) Although, we've been known to fall back on those too. Something locally produced maybe?

Open-ended question of the day: Anyone been recently and did something super cool and very unique? We're into that kind of thing.

Thanks again for such a great community that I'm sure is a great reflection of Aruba.
    Aruba Aloe is a great gift...they have various sizes of lotion, sunscreen, shampoo, conditioner, candy (YEP)...items are available at their plant as well as in Ling and Sons grocery store.
    Their plant is unique and can be toured.

Unique things to do include: motorized water scooter with arubabob tours, renew vows on the beach at sunset, booze cruise or sunset cruise or private sail. Kunokoo bus tours ( booze) go out a nite...OMG I could go on forever....
    YOU WILL LOVE IT !

5th trip to Aruba

Hello,

My husband and I are preparing for our 5th trip to Aruba (will be arriving in Aruba on Saturday, Dec 31st for 4 nights). We are bringing two adults with us that have never been before and we have chosed to stay at the Renaissance (Marina) all-inclusive package. I have never stayed at Aruba all-inclusive before as I feel there are so many great restaurants to eat.

Have any of you eaten at the Restaurants at the Renaissance? Are any of them great? I am thinking about still eating out a few nights just to hit some of the others.

Also, are there any dance clubs downtown that are having NYE parties. We like to dance so are looking for a club that has dancing.

Thanks so much in advance,
    Michelle

Aruba since 1979
    you can be certain that ALL of the nightclubs/discos will be celebrating new year eve with party like atmosphere.

Moombas beach bar will be having an event.

You may want to head up to the Palm Beach area on NYeve.
    Unsure what is happening downtown near the Renaissance.

ex: marriott has a news release of their BLUE MOON party

as follows

Spectacular Firework Show at Midnight and Tsunami Band!
    On December 31st, 2011, everyone is invited to open the New Year at the Aruba Marriott’s Blue Moon New Years Eve party at Tradewinds Beach. The festivities start at 10:00 pm until 1:00 am with a magnificent firework show at midnight and live entertainment provided by popular Aruban band Tsunami.
    It has become a tradition to open the New Year out on the beach at the Marriott for guests and locals. A promising light show is provided by Elite Productions, decorations by Every Events & Flortiek by Wilson and cash bars are available offering premium liquors and champagnes.
    Entrance fee to this spectacular beach party is $20.00 and includes party favors. Tickets are available in the lobby of the Aruba Marriott Resort, Ocean and Surf Club daily from 10:00 am – 6:00 pm. Doors for the Blue Moon Beach party open at 9:00 pm.
    Don’t miss out and get your tickets for Marriott’s spectacular New Years Eve party to celebrate. The Aruba Marriott banquets staff looks forward to see you this New Years Eve to toast to 2012!

QUOTE=mcleavenger;216390]Hello,

My husband and I are preparing for our 5th trip to Aruba (will be arriving in Aruba on Saturday, Dec 31st for 4 nights). We are bringing two adults with us that have never been before and we have chosed to stay at the Renaissance (Marina) all-inclusive package. I have never stayed at Aruba all-inclusive before as I feel there are so many great restaurants to eat.

Have any of you eaten at the Restaurants at the Renaissance? Are any of them great? I am thinking about still eating out a few nights just to hit some of the others.

Also, are there any dance clubs downtown that are having NYE parties. We like to dance so are looking for a club that has dancing.

Thanks so much in advance,
    Michelle[/QUOTE]

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast