Aruba Beach
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Into, first timer, 13Feb - 20Feb

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.arubarestaurants.com/wp-c...-years-eve.pdf

LG Smith NYeve menu

i wonder if you are given an allowance from your AI for this dinner?

Thanks so much Andrea, you are so helpful....one last question. Are any of the restaurants at Renaissance spectacular. I have heard LG's is good. Do you know of any others?
    Thanks

They told me that there is a special menu for the all-inclusive option. So I went ahead and made a reservation there for NYE for 8:30. There is supposed to be another restuarant there but I am not sure if it is any good. I have posted below the LG Smith Menu that they emailed for the all-inclusive option for the Renaissance:

All Inclusive Options
    Please choose an appetizer, a main course and a dessert as well as two side dishes from the list below
    APPETIZERS
    Tomato cream soup with fried corn tortilla

Caesar Salad
    Sample of the Caribbean
    crab cake, beef carpaccio, shrimp cocktail, calamari
    MAIN COURSE
    Certified Angus Beef Petit Filet 8oz
    Certified Angus Beef New York Sirloin 10oz
    Seared Tuna Fillet served with your choice of sauce
    Surf and Turf
    Heart of ribeye (4oz) with lobster tail (4oz)
    Chicken Breast, pan-fried with your choice of sauce
    Linguini with seasonal vegetables, garlic and basil
    tossed in tomato sauce topped with feta cheese

Keshi Yena
    Aruba's most well known chicken dish with
    raisins, cashews, olives and prunes, flame broiled with Gouda cheese

SIDES
    creamed spinach, mixed vegetables, steak fries, rice, mashed potatoes, sautéed mushrooms, baked potato, asparagus spears

DESSERT
    Traditional Crème Brulée
    Häagen Dazs Ice Cream

Double Chocolate Cake
    Dutch Apple Pie a la Mode

Aruba since 1979
    yum!!
    i forgot to say to you is Welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

AQUARIUS is another good restaurant there at the REN.

Costa Linda, Renaissance Ocean Suites, any place where there is a beach and tiki hut I am good 8)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcleavenger View Post
    Hello,

My husband and I are preparing for our 5th trip to Aruba (will be arriving in Aruba on Saturday, Dec 31st for 4 nights). We are bringing two adults with us that have never been before and we have chosed to stay at the Renaissance (Marina) all-inclusive package. I have never stayed at Aruba all-inclusive before as I feel there are so many great restaurants to eat.

Have any of you eaten at the Restaurants at the Renaissance? Are any of them great? I am thinking about still eating out a few nights just to hit some of the others.

Also, are there any dance clubs downtown that are having NYE parties. We like to dance so are looking for a club that has dancing.

Thanks so much in advance,
    Michelle

Jealous! I wish I was spending NYE in Aruba ! Have a BLAST!!!

Hey all,

Just a couple real quick questions before we ARRIVE!

Some of the FYI here says goods (such as in the supermarket) are priced in florins, but USD is accepted most everywhere. So, I'm sure I'll figure it out, and it can't be hard given the level of tourism, but how does that work exactly? If I'm checking out somewhere, do I need to ask for the amount in dollars? Convert in my head and pay in dollars? This is, of course, assuming I'm paying cash. With credit, there's nothing to do.

Along the same lines, I'm also interested in knowing, although I've asked before, what the best way is to get some local currency? I'd like to bring home some coins, and if possible a few small denomination notes as souvenirs. Can I specifically ask for change (including notes) to be returned in florins? Will it happen normally? I think I'm aware I'll get lots of change (coins) in florins back, but how do I get small notes?

I'm sure we'll figure it out, and of course, it's not a big deal at all. But, I've never been somewhere abroad that so readily accepted USD. I'd rather just use local currency than mess with converting all the time, but I've been advised to get USD from the ATMs; is that correct?

Thanks all! Only a few more days!

I am a coin/paper money collector over many years. I had absolutely no problems getting the various denominations of currency in both coins and paper monies to bring back over the years. The merchants will go out of the way to accommodate you. Again, this is part of the wonderful Aruba experience and what makes it "One happy Island," for both you and them

I guess you will be going very shortly. Have wonderful trip and please give a trip report when you return.

Health and Happiness to you and your wife.

Ed

Thanks Ed! Trip report? Didn't even consider it! What wrong with me? Guess I'll think about that.

Hey all, we've arrived safely. Having fun. What a great place.

Wife wants to find somewhere to get 'frozen drinks'. Preferably fun, cheapish, close, walking distance even better. We're in the low rise hotel area. All recommendations welcome, thanks.

Also, how do I get to natural bridge? We have a jeep, just need to know where to go. Thanks.

Aruba since 1979
    If u have a map. Look for the gold mine ruins. Once u get there continue going straight past the ruins, keep the ocean on your left. Natural bridge mave a mile further

QUOTE=Infinion;219252]Hey all, we've arrived safely. Having fun. What a gr

eat place.

Wife wants to find somewhere to get 'frozen drinks'. Preferably fun, cheapish, close, walking distance even better. We're in the low rise hotel area. All recommendations welcome, thanks.

Also, how do I get to natural bridge? We have a jeep, just need to know where to go. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast