Aruba Beach

Thread: Intro / Newbie

1. Eagle Beach 2. Baby Beach 3. Natural Pool

Intro / Newbie

Hello to all,

I thought it was time to introduce myself.I have been lurking here for the last 5 months!
    My wife and I are going to Aruba Feb. 5th - 12th for our 25th anniversary. I told her back in June I would like to take her on a second honeymoon for our 25th. Her choices were Hawaii, Aruba or a Cruise, she chose Aruba and I am already happy that she did !! (I had to tell her ahead of time so she could prepare herself to leave the kids)
    We are staying at LaCabana (Andreas second home), and then Club Arias (Kents hideout) the final night.
    We do not have a lot planned other than a Rhino (atv) tour with Arias. We will be spending most of our time at the beach/pool, eating out for dinner and some shopping.
    I want to thank all for the many tips and much advice that we have found here.

Just 1 question.
    1. Do we have to get up early to secure a spot on the beach at Lacabana in Feb? (do not need front row, Just need sand in our toes and sun on our face

Aruba since 1979
    thanks for lurking and now typing!
    welcome to the forum.

and i am sorry to say..........YES to your question.
    from my experiences in week 51 thru 8, be out there by 7 am at the latest.

per lacabana rules, you are allowed to put your stuff there EARLY.....5 am.
    and beginning at 7 am they begin tagging, from the time the tag is placed, you have 2 hrs to get back there .

(grab your spot, secure it with a towel and a book, go back in and sleep for another hour and then come back out!!.......paul is going to try this tomorrow morning.........we have done it often and it is all within lacabana rules)

mid afternoon the palapa availability becomes better. so going down there at 1 pm, you might find people that are calling it a day!

happy 25th

Quote Originally Posted by robinthedot View Post
    Hello to all,

I thought it was time to introduce myself.I have been lurking here for the last 5 months!
    My wife and I are going to Aruba Feb. 5th - 12th for our 25th anniversary. I told her back in June I would like to take her on a second honeymoon for our 25th. Her choices were Hawaii, Aruba or a Cruise, she chose Aruba and I am already happy that she did !! (I had to tell her ahead of time so she could prepare herself to leave the kids)
    We are staying at LaCabana (Andreas second home), and then Club Arias (Kents hideout) the final night.
    We do not have a lot planned other than a Rhino (atv) tour with Arias. We will be spending most of our time at the beach/pool, eating out for dinner and some shopping.
    I want to thank all for the many tips and much advice that we have found here.

Just 1 question.
    1. Do we have to get up early to secure a spot on the beach at Lacabana in Feb? (do not need front row, Just need sand in our toes and sun on our face

Thank you Andrea,

Is it similar at the pool?

Aruba since 1979
    similar at the pool yes.

one can grab a table/umbrella and chairs at the pool EARLY....stay with your stuff til 7 am, and then you can leave for upwards of 2 hrs.
    there is a large group poolside, near the "essential spa" that grabs 10 tables/umbrellas at 5 am. there are a few members of this group that go to the pool at 5am, line up towels on the chairs and then sit at each end, guarding. when all are present there are probably 50 folks. they have a system and all perfectly legit. getting up predawn is not my idea of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    similar at the pool yes.

one can grab a table/umbrella and chairs at the pool EARLY....stay with your stuff til 7 am, and then you can leave for upwards of 2 hrs.
    there is a large group poolside, near the "essential spa" that grabs 10 tables/umbrellas at 5 am. there are a few members of this group that go to the pool at 5am, line up towels on the chairs and then sit at each end, guarding. when all are present there are probably 50 folks. they have a system and all perfectly legit. getting up predawn is not my idea of fun.

Sounds like the Surf Club!!!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Welcome to the happy forum about one happy island! Here is a thought. To avoid the anxiety and frustration of stalking out beach chairs, you can always purchase 2 lounge chairs for the week you are there and plop them under a palm or divi tree whenever you want . . . the beaches are all public. We own on the island but find this very convenient.
    Happy 25th. Michael

Aruba since 1979
    Great idea and there are some trees for shade

Thanks for the idea!

Any idea where to purchase them?

Yes, in the "Certified" plaza - upstairs from the grocery section . . . you'll find all kinds of interesting things up there . . . some (I think) dating back to opening day of the store . . . but they will have some loungers up there . . . and you can probably sell them to someone the day you leave!

Oh yes . . . I am not sure what the rules / policies are at La Cabana, but maybe you can even bring your own chairs to the pool area as well . . . that solves lots of problems! Andrea, any thoughts on this? Michael