Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Introduction

Introduction

Hi all! Aruba was our first outside the USA trip nine years ago to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We picked the Tamarijn because it was AI and we were afraid to traveling somewhere needing to use a lot of cash or credit cards... After being to Aruba I realize how silly that is there, but we really fell in love with the Tam ocean front rooms and the staff there. We travel each year between 7 and 12 days depending on deals and usually arrive late February. We found missing president's week is a blessing.
    I like to take a bicycle ride every morning and I can easily cover from the lighthouse, Noord, Paradera and Santa Cruz with the free bikes at the resort. Last year I rented a real bike and was finally able to see natural bridge, Alta Vista, and San Nicolas. I make a point to stop and chat with people on the back roads off the beaten path and I still cannot believe how friendly the people of Aruba are. We occasionally talk of trying another island and they we realize the people, weather, safe water and resort life are as good as we can expect anywhere.
    I like the advice from this forum and I like to check in each week for memories of our favorite place on earth!
    Craig and Lori

Great job staying active while on vacation. I am not sure if I am going to rent a bike next trip or just continue with my long walks around the island.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

when you stay at the tamarijn ai, do you ever dine off resort?

the advice and chatter on this forum is always fun and hopefully informative.

welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigday View Post
    Hi all! Aruba was our first outside the USA trip nine years ago to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We picked the Tamarijn because it was AI and we were afraid to traveling somewhere needing to use a lot of cash or credit cards... After being to Aruba I realize how silly that is there, but we really fell in love with the Tam ocean front rooms and the staff there. We travel each year between 7 and 12 days depending on deals and usually arrive late February. We found missing president's week is a blessing.
    I like to take a bicycle ride every morning and I can easily cover from the lighthouse, Noord, Paradera and Santa Cruz with the free bikes at the resort. Last year I rented a real bike and was finally able to see natural bridge, Alta Vista, and San Nicolas. I make a point to stop and chat with people on the back roads off the beaten path and I still cannot believe how friendly the people of Aruba are. We occasionally talk of trying another island and they we realize the people, weather, safe water and resort life are as good as we can expect anywhere.
    I like the advice from this forum and I like to check in each week for memories of our favorite place on earth!
    Craig and Lori

Hi Craig & Lori!

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

when you stay at the tamarijn ai, do you ever dine off resort?

the advice and chatter on this forum is always fun and hopefully informative.

welcome!
    We went to the Divi Phoenix beach dinner the first year. We also use our 'Red Parrot' gift certificates to eat at Mulligans and we've paid to go to Windows On Aruba. The food at the Divi and Tam is fine and already paid for. I'd rather spend dining money on a nice dinner the night we leave or return back home.

I find this forum informative although there seems to be many high rise area people here.

Hi Craig, welcome to the forum!

Welcome loving your review.

Aruba since 1979
    many of the posters are high and low rise visitors.
    many of the posters stay in places other than resorts in the low or hi rise areas.
    but many many many more are readers and not posters.

reality though........the hi rise area is more highly populated with tourists, so if it seems there are more hi rise folks here posting, i would not be surprised .......not that there is anything worng with that

Quote Originally Posted by Craigday View Post
    We went to the Divi Phoenix beach dinner the first year. We also use our 'Red Parrot' gift certificates to eat at Mulligans and we've paid to go to Windows On Aruba. The food at the Divi and Tam is fine and already paid for. I'd rather spend dining money on a nice dinner the night we leave or return back home.

I find this forum informative although there seems to be many high rise area people here.

Welcome to the Aruba Fan Club !
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

Welcome to the forum! We've stayed at the Divi every trip for the past 6 years. I absolutely love the beach there. For our trip in November though we've decided to stay at the Bucuti for the first half and the Renaissance for the second half. We found that more and more we were going off resort for dinner so it was time to make a change. We're definitely low rise people though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast