Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Introduction

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    26

    Introduction

    Hi all! Aruba was our first outside the USA trip nine years ago to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We picked the Tamarijn because it was AI and we were afraid to traveling somewhere needing to use a lot of cash or credit cards... After being to Aruba I realize how silly that is there, but we really fell in love with the Tam ocean front rooms and the staff there. We travel each year between 7 and 12 days depending on deals and usually arrive late February. We found missing president's week is a blessing.
    I like to take a bicycle ride every morning and I can easily cover from the lighthouse, Noord, Paradera and Santa Cruz with the free bikes at the resort. Last year I rented a real bike and was finally able to see natural bridge, Alta Vista, and San Nicolas. I make a point to stop and chat with people on the back roads off the beaten path and I still cannot believe how friendly the people of Aruba are. We occasionally talk of trying another island and they we realize the people, weather, safe water and resort life are as good as we can expect anywhere.
    I like the advice from this forum and I like to check in each week for memories of our favorite place on earth!
    Craig and Lori

  2. #2
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    2,770
    Great job staying active while on vacation. I am not sure if I am going to rent a bike next trip or just continue with my long walks around the island.

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,918
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

    when you stay at the tamarijn ai, do you ever dine off resort?

    the advice and chatter on this forum is always fun and hopefully informative.

    welcome!
    Quote Originally Posted by Craigday View Post
    Hi all! Aruba was our first outside the USA trip nine years ago to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We picked the Tamarijn because it was AI and we were afraid to traveling somewhere needing to use a lot of cash or credit cards... After being to Aruba I realize how silly that is there, but we really fell in love with the Tam ocean front rooms and the staff there. We travel each year between 7 and 12 days depending on deals and usually arrive late February. We found missing president's week is a blessing.
    I like to take a bicycle ride every morning and I can easily cover from the lighthouse, Noord, Paradera and Santa Cruz with the free bikes at the resort. Last year I rented a real bike and was finally able to see natural bridge, Alta Vista, and San Nicolas. I make a point to stop and chat with people on the back roads off the beaten path and I still cannot believe how friendly the people of Aruba are. We occasionally talk of trying another island and they we realize the people, weather, safe water and resort life are as good as we can expect anywhere.
    I like the advice from this forum and I like to check in each week for memories of our favorite place on earth!
    Craig and Lori

  4. #4
    Super Moderator Jacki's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    5,856
    Hi Craig & Lori!

    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    26
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

    when you stay at the tamarijn ai, do you ever dine off resort?

    the advice and chatter on this forum is always fun and hopefully informative.

    welcome!
    We went to the Divi Phoenix beach dinner the first year. We also use our 'Red Parrot' gift certificates to eat at Mulligans and we've paid to go to Windows On Aruba. The food at the Divi and Tam is fine and already paid for. I'd rather spend dining money on a nice dinner the night we leave or return back home.

    I find this forum informative although there seems to be many high rise area people here.

  6. #6
    Senior Member WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Scott's Brats, Iguana Joes, Surf Club
    Posts
    2,753
    Hi Craig, welcome to the forum!

  7. #7
    Senior Member brady bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    1,731
    Welcome loving your review.

  8. #8
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    29,918
    many of the posters are high and low rise visitors.
    many of the posters stay in places other than resorts in the low or hi rise areas.
    but many many many more are readers and not posters.

    reality though........the hi rise area is more highly populated with tourists, so if it seems there are more hi rise folks here posting, i would not be surprised .......not that there is anything worng with that


    Quote Originally Posted by Craigday View Post
    We went to the Divi Phoenix beach dinner the first year. We also use our 'Red Parrot' gift certificates to eat at Mulligans and we've paid to go to Windows On Aruba. The food at the Divi and Tam is fine and already paid for. I'd rather spend dining money on a nice dinner the night we leave or return back home.

    I find this forum informative although there seems to be many high rise area people here.

  9. #9
    Senior Member glynis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    162
    Welcome to the Aruba Fan Club !
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.

  10. #10
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    West Deck in the afternoon
    Posts
    3,675
    Welcome to the forum! We've stayed at the Divi every trip for the past 6 years. I absolutely love the beach there. For our trip in November though we've decided to stay at the Bucuti for the first half and the Renaissance for the second half. We found that more and more we were going off resort for dinner so it was time to make a change. We're definitely low rise people though!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO