Aruba Beach

Thread: Introduction - going to Aruba in May

Mangel Halto for snorkeling, Palm and Arashi for beach time.

Introduction - going to Aruba in May

How unpolite, I started that thread on iPhones without introducing myself first...

I'm Marcio, a journalist from Brazil. I'll be in Aruba next May for my honeymoon -- my (then) girlfriend (now fiancée, and later wife ) let me choose the destination, and I thought of the Caribbean. With the help of a Brazilian travel blog that had a "check which Caribbean island is the right one for you", guide, I concluded that Aruba was the place, and she liked the idea.

We are very excited with the activities Aruba has to offer. We want to go snorkeling (despite having zero experience with it), windsurfing (same applied), spending whole days on the beach, and so on.

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Aruba since 1979
    no sweat marcio
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

get comfortable and begin your homework.

check out the activities section
    lots of talk about snorkeling

http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/activities.aspx
    check out above link
    Quote Originally Posted by MarcioCampos View Post
    How unpolite, I started that thread on iPhones without introducing myself first...

I'm Marcio, a journalist from Brazil. I'll be in Aruba next May for my honeymoon -- my (then) girlfriend (now fiancée, and later wife ) let me choose the destination, and I thought of the Caribbean. With the help of a Brazilian travel blog that had a "check which Caribbean island is the right one for you", guide, I concluded that Aruba was the place, and she liked the idea.

We are very excited with the activities Aruba has to offer. We want to go snorkeling (despite having zero experience with it), windsurfing (same applied), spending whole days on the beach, and so on.

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Hi, Andrea! Thanks for the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    no sweat marcio
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    get comfortable and begin your homework.
    check out the activities section
    lots of talk about snorkeling
    I started doing that right after I posted my introduction message, and checked especially the threads for beginner snorkelers. We were interested in one of those De Palm snorkeling tours, but from what I've read on the forums it would be advisable to practice first at "safer" places like Boca Catalina or Baby Beach, right? Looks like we could leave the snorkeling tour for one of our last days in the island.

We'll stay in Aruba for 8 full days, but our flight back to Brazil departs very late at night on our final day, so let's make it 9 days. Considering the first and last days are meant to be spent in nothingness it leaves is 7 days for
    * Snorkeling tour
    * Windsurfing lessons
    * Maybe the submarine tour, we're still thinking about it
    * One day to go to Curaçao early in the morning and return late at night
    * Going to Oranjestad, see the city and do some shopping (more likely on Sunday because we need to attend Mass)

And we still have plenty of time for more nothingness, like spending a whole day in beaches other than Palm (where we'll stay).

All the best from Brazil

Marcio

Congratulations on your up-coming "Honeymoon." Your travel agent certainly knows the right spot for you and yours. There seems to be so many words to express what we all think about Aruba...some of which: "One Happy Island,"...definitely; "Paradise,"...absolutely; among others. You will enjoy and come back time after time.

Welcome to the "Forum." As you already know, you are among many friends, who are overjoyed to help you in any way they can.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Edronenburg View Post
    Congratulations on your up-coming "Honeymoon." Your travel agent certainly knows the right spot for you and yours. There seems to be so many words to express what we all think about Aruba...some of which: "One Happy Island,"...definitely; "Paradise,"...absolutely; among others. You will enjoy and come back time after time.
    Welcome to the "Forum." As you already know, you are among many friends, who are overjoyed to help you in any way they can.
    Ed
    Thanks, Ed! Yes, we are sure these are going to be wonderful days in paradise!

BTW, how crowded is the island in May?

Cheers

Marcio

Aruba since 1979
    Aruba in May is less busy than jan thru april and june thru
    august. The real quiet time is sept thru mid nov and early
    dec.