Aruba Beach

Thread: Less than 2 weeks - 1st visit

Smile Less than 2 weeks - 1st visit

Hey all,

I'm headed to Aruba in less than 2 weeks. Needless to say....I'm getting very excited.....

Any advice on food/drinks, excursions.....would be great. I'm staying at the Radisson, nothing planned as of now. Does it makes sense to plan things before going?

Thanks.

Bage

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Keep reading the posts as to good resturants, shopping, sight seeing....and also go back and read previous posts. You've picked a great place to visit!

Smile

You planned your vacation well enough already; picking the right island & the best hotel there!

Too many reservations up front for activities and dining will take your freedom away.. one of the nicest things about Aruba is to just go with the feeling. When you arrive you will see what I mean!

Enjoy!!!

If you want to do one of the snorkel trips I would book it in advance. I think you can cancel within 24 hrs of the trip if you decide to. The MiDushi was pretty booked in April and I didn't get my first choice of dates. You are going to have a blast!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    IMHO...depalm boat is far and away the best boat...snorkel or sunset sail with them is the BEST.See the boat on my pics in the gallery. Another stated april was pretty booked, yes, and the reason for that was it was school vacations in all of New England for 3 weeks of that month. You can certainly not expect that now, book now, or when you get there. The palm pleasure holds 100 people, and is quite large. You would never know that there are that many people on board while on the ship. cindyo

Depending on how adventurous you are a quad ride to the Natural Pool is a blast. I am not sure if any of the jeep tours still go, but it is something to look into. It is one of my favorite stops every year.
    However, just beng there is enough to fall in love with the island, so enjoy and have fun !!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

No matter how much you plan, leave time to decompress, soak up the sun, and enjoy some down time!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

When are you leaving? We are leaving on the 24th out of Newark and also staying at the Radisson.