Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A little about a new member

A little about a new member

I have made a few post's but I failed to tell you anything about my hubby and me. We have been to Aruba either 5 or 6 times (sorry I am old (57) and can't remember LOL)
    We always stay at the Occidental and have just stayed at the resort, because going for 1 week is just enough time to unwind. Well last year we decided to stay 2 weeks, and see the beautiful island. Day 2 of our trip I got sick with a tummy virus. Was really bad, and I was down and out for about 4 days and really didn't feel good then, but was able to go to the beach and pool. Well on our second week, my husband got sick. I thought it was what I had and because he has MS he tends to get things worse than normal. Well to make a long story short, I had to have him rushed to the hospital. He had hemmoraghed (sp?) His blood pressure was 60/20. I could have lost him. BUT I have to say that the hospital in Aruba was great. He had to have 8 units of blood, they did tests and found that he had diverticulitus.(sp?) He was in the hospital for 4 days, he got out, we enjoyed about 1/2 day by the pool and we had to go home--SO we didn't get to see the island again. Well when we left I told him we would never go out of the country again. I was a wreck-it is bad enough with him in the hospital--but being out of the country and all alone was even worse. I do have to say that the hotel was just wonderful to me. They made me feel as if I were part of a big family. I just can't say enough about them. They just went beyond the call of duty for me and my husband. I am forever grateful to them.

Well with all that said we ARE going back in May for our 20th anniversary. And yes we will be there for 2 weeks. We just can't stay away from the beautiful island, and hopefully this year we will see all of it. The difference this time, we purchased insurance for the trip. Last year cost us an extra $6,000.00, this year we will be prepared. We just can't wait to see the sights. We have been a few places, but when I read all these posts, I know we haven't seen enough. This forum is just wonderful

I sure hope this wasn't too long for you all, but now you know my story. LOL

Pat and Chuck
    Oh and by the way, we live in Texas, but from West Virginia

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Lovearuba..you deserve a great vacation !!! Maybe renew your vows on the beach for your 20th??

Thanks Cindyo. We won't have anyone in Aruba with us. Do you know someone that would renew vows for just the couple?

How is the occidental? We are staying there for the first time in april.

Aruba since 1979
    pat and chuck
    WHAT AN ORDEAL!
    Glad that you are heading back to Aruba......where happiness lives.
    ENJOY
    andrea

love aruba,

check your Private messages

Glad to know that you are both better and getting the vacation that you both deserve and need.Hope this trip brings much joy and happiness.

Simply Fish, Azzuro's, Madame Janettes, Holiday Inn Sunspree, Smokey Joes, Texas De Brazil, Moomba Bar, "Elvis" the cab driver, and the entertainer "Giovanni".
    Both my wife and mother in law suffer from diverticulicis. It is no joke, and it could be deadly. I have heard horror stories about the Aruba hospital, so I am very happy to hear that your husband is ok. My mother in law, last year, was in so much pain and couldn't go to the bathroom for a few days, or eat, was rushed to the hospital in NJ where she had to undergo emergency surgery to have a foot and a half of her intenstine removed. Best thing to do if yo have Diverticulocous (when you have a flare up it's "icis") is to stay away from seeds, nuts, and corn. Next time he has a flare up he should see a gastro guy to have a scope to make sure there was no scarring. That is what happened to my mother in law, she had so many flare ups that there was a ton of scar tissue that had built up that was preventing her from being able to go to the bathroom causing a massive backup of...you know what.

Regardless, I am glad to hear you are going back to Aruba. This is a place where I would find it hard to not come back to!!

Hi both Love Aruba and Johnny ecks:

We hope when you both return to "Paradise," aka "One Happy Island," that neither of you or family are plagued with illnesses or any thing which would spoil your vacations.

We, as a family...the "Forum,"...I am sure...all feel bad when other members experience such things. I, for one, certainly send my warmest wishes for your next trip and hope you all have an absolutely wonderful; care-free time.

Thinking of you.

Ed

Thank you all for your best wishes.
    fry120 We LOVE the Occidental. I have read so many bad things about them, but we have always had a great time there. We do love the food, the people are GREAT and it is clean. I just can't say enough about them. On our first trip, we didn't know to make reservations for the resturants, SO be sure you get that done when you check in. I don't think they tell you that, and they should. But if we didn't like it, we wouldn't go back there. When are you going?
    Johnnyecks, thanks for your input. He really didn't have pain, but one of the "polups" ruptured. Yes it was awful, but THANK GOD he hasn't had another episode. He does watch his diet now, and he can't take anything that would thin your blood. Bless his heart, he had taken two asprin before all this happened. He never takes asprin, so go figure?!
    Edronenburg--believe me when I said I wasn't going back out of the country BUT as time went on we really missed it. I know it hasn't been a year yet--but it seems like forever. We just love it there, and like I said before, we hope to see more of Aruba this trip.
    Thank you all!
    Pat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast