Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A little about a new member

We are going to the Occidental April 17-24th. I'm very much looking forward to it. We stayed at the Divi last time and it was good trip, but we wanted to try someplace different. I though the Occidental was supposed to be nicer due to the higher star rating, but after reading the reviews I was getting a little worried. But not too worried, since we are not very high maintenence. It is nice to hear good reviews. We have the in-laws with us this trip and it is their first trip so I am hoping it will be WONDERFUL for them.

Quote Originally Posted by fry120 View Post
    We are going to the Occidental April 17-24th. I'm very much looking forward to it. We stayed at the Divi last time and it was good trip, but we wanted to try someplace different. I though the Occidental was supposed to be nicer due to the higher star rating, but after reading the reviews I was getting a little worried. But not too worried, since we are not very high maintenence. It is nice to hear good reviews. We have the in-laws with us this trip and it is their first trip so I am hoping it will be WONDERFUL for them.
    I can only give my opinion. We absolutely love this place, having said that we have only stayed there in Aruba. We have also been to St. Lucia and Jamaica and by far this was the best. I read some awful reviews on the Occidental and thought surely these people didn't stay at the same place I did. LOL The staff are so very friendly and what is special they remember us. I know that is their job, but it still is very nice. The food was great, but like I said, go ahead and make your reservations when you check in or right after. We like the habachi part of the Japanese resturant. Well, we like all the food so I can't really tell you what I like best, try them all if you can. The rooms and all the hotel is clean. Oh---the drinks are good as well--can't forget that part. LOL
    Just lay back and enjoy. I sure hope you, hubby, and in-laws enjoy your time in beautiful Aruba and the Occidental. Let me know.
    We will be there in May!! Woooohoooooooo can't wait

Thanks for your help and opinions!

Congratulations

Congratulations on your upcoming 20 year anniversary! It is wonderful that you will have the opportunity to go back to Aruba and enjoy it with your husband and celebrate such a milestone! All the best to you!

The best six doctors anywhere
    And no one can deny it
    Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
    Exercise and diet.
    These six will gladly you attend
    If only you are willing
    Your mind they'll ease
    Your will they'll mend
    And charge you not a shilling.
    ~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, What the River Knows, 1990

Quote Originally Posted by dushikaterina View Post
    Congratulations on your upcoming 20 year anniversary! It is wonderful that you will have the opportunity to go back to Aruba and enjoy it with your husband and celebrate such a milestone! All the best to you!

The best six doctors anywhere
    And no one can deny it
    Are sunshine, water, rest, and air
    Exercise and diet.
    These six will gladly you attend
    If only you are willing
    Your mind they'll ease
    Your will they'll mend
    And charge you not a shilling.
    ~Nursery rhyme quoted by Wayne Fields, What the River Knows, 1990
    The nursery rhyme is SO true! Thank you for that.
    Yes, we are truely blessed to be able to celebrate this wonderful milestone in beautiful Aruba

Quote Originally Posted by Love Aruba View Post
    Thank you all for your best wishes.
    fry120 We LOVE the Occidental. I have read so many bad things about them, but we have always had a great time there. We do love the food, the people are GREAT and it is clean. I just can't say enough about them. On our first trip, we didn't know to make reservations for the resturants, SO be sure you get that done when you check in. I don't think they tell you that, and they should. But if we didn't like it, we wouldn't go back there. When are you going?
    Johnnyecks, thanks for your input. He really didn't have pain, but one of the "polups" ruptured. Yes it was awful, but THANK GOD he hasn't had another episode. He does watch his diet now, and he can't take anything that would thin your blood. Bless his heart, he had taken two asprin before all this happened. He never takes asprin, so go figure?!
    Edronenburg--believe me when I said I wasn't going back out of the country BUT as time went on we really missed it. I know it hasn't been a year yet--but it seems like forever. We just love it there, and like I said before, we hope to see more of Aruba this trip.
    Thank you all!
    Pat

Pat, I am glad that you are ok. I am a nurse and I am glad to hear that the hospital in Aruba was good. You never know what type of care you will get at any hospital, including in the States. Hey, if I love Aruba that much, maybe I will apply for a job... now that's an idea.

Lisa
    First trip to Aruba down; many more to come

Lisa

That's right Lisa, WHAT a place to work. You should move and we will all come stay. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12