Aruba Beach

Thread: Long-time lurker, first-time poster

Smile Long-time lurker, first-time poster

Hello,

I have been lurking on these boards for several months now, reading and researching in preparation for our honeymoon in September. While I feel that I already have a fairly good knowledge of Aruba thanks to the tireless posting of all the helpful folks here, the Search button, and other sites like ArubaLisa's arubabound dot com and SanNic44's blog, I am ready to post a few questions of my own. But first, a little background info:

We are both first time visitors to Aruba, and are staying at the Renaissance Ocean Suites. While money doesn't grow on trees, this is our honeymoon and we are looking to make it memorable with a mix of activities, laying on the beach, cheaper breakfast/lunches, but no shortage of fruity drinks and nice dinners.

I'll post my questions in the appropriate sub-forums soon, but just wanted to say BonBini first!

sleepy
    "The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your upcoming wedding.

Thumbs up

Thanks Lisa!

And also a big thank you for your being one of the many people who make this forum what it is, and for creating and maintaining arubabound.com. Both sites have been invaluable in helping me prepare for our honeymoon.

sleepy
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-07-2009 at 04:55 PM. Reason: added the . and got rid of the word "dot"
    "The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you." --Bob Marley

Wink Your Honeymoon plans

Congrats on your honeymoon plans.We recently vacationed in Aruba June 13-27th and stayed at the surf club where we are owners.Howeverur first trip to Aruba was 2 years ago and also stayed at the Rennaisance.Nice place for the first time because everything is nearby(restaurants,shops,marina,etc) and access to your private island.The only negative for us was there was no kitchen.But who wants to cook on your honeymoon anyways.You will fall in love with Aruba like we did and want to go back over and over.If you want ideas on restaurants and activities I can give you some suggestions.This is also my first post on this forum Thanks Jimbo

sleepy,
    welcome to the forum....and also congrats on your upcoming nuptials....you picked a wonderful place for a honeymoon and will fall in love with the island like the rest of us....
    There is so much information on this forum you can get dizzy going through it....just sit back and explore and then post the questions you have....you will get more responses than you bargained for ...LOL...!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
    Thanks Lisa!

And also a big thank you for your being one of the many people who make this forum what it is, and for creating and maintaining arubabound.com. Both sites have been invaluable in helping me prepare for our honeymoon.

sleepy
    You are very welcome. I love Aruba, as many others here and we are all happy to help any way I can.

When are you going in September? My husband and I will be there the on September 13 for a week. We just got married a few months ago. You will love married life.

Thanks to everyone for the very warm welcome!

MAB0403 -
    We're getting married on the 19th and will be in Aruba from Sept. 21st to the 28th, so we'll probably just miss each other. :-\

sleepy

P3R
    Congratulations on your upcoming wedding This forum is indeed a fantastic source of information.

In fact, if you'd make a "lonely planet style" book from all the usefull info posted on this board, it'd probably be a bestseller!

PS: only 2 weeks until 2nd trip, cannot wait
    Back to Aruba in:

Congrats on your upcoming wedding.. You will love aruba.. You will find out everything you need to make your honeymoon wonderful on this forum. We will all help out as best we can. WELCOME

url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

[/url]