Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By Jacki
  • 1 Post By gaby
  • 1 Post By WaltVB
  • 3 Post By Andrea J.
  • 4 Post By WaltVB

Thread: Loving being retired

Loving being retired

Hi to all!! I have been reading the posts ever since I decided to book Aruba with my gf. Hubby's are staying behind this trip, they love their camps and ice fishing in the winter. I always learn a lot from forums!
    Here is the plan with some questions for you all!
    our rental is not ready til the 14th so we have booked a room in the Bakval area for 2 nights the owner will pick us up at airport, apparently it is within walking distance to Ritz, any ideas of what to do around there for 2 days. He will take us to grocery store on way to rental. Do all of you buy water or drink the water, I have read about their desalinisation process.
    Looking forward to our Rental in Gold Coast Villa. Has anyone stayed there, we booked an Air bnb. We won't have a car til Jan 18th. To 24, hoping there is a bus stop near there for the 4 days. We are walkers too so hoping to walk to Arashi and Boca Catalina some mornings when it is cooler, do you think it is doable? We walk at least 5k a day.
    thanks for everything in advance!!
    Cincy

The water is safe and drinkable - it tastes nice too. But it's warm (for obvious reasons).

There's LOTS to do around the Ritz - it's at the north end of Palm Beach where all the action is - just walk over to the Ritz roundabout and hang a left down to PB.

The walk from Bakval to Palm Beach is about 25 mins (about 2 km).

Arashi is about a 20 min walk (less than 5 km) from Gold Coast.

There's a bus stop near Tierra Del Sol (just up from Gold Coast) - I'm not sure if there's one closer to GC.

Aruba since 1979
    Welcome!

i think act1966 pretty much answered your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy View Post
    Hi to all!! I have been reading the posts ever since I decided to book Aruba with my gf. Hubby's are staying behind this trip, they love their camps and ice fishing in the winter. I always learn a lot from forums!
    Here is the plan with some questions for you all!
    our rental is not ready til the 14th so we have booked a room in the Bakval area for 2 nights the owner will pick us up at airport, apparently it is within walking distance to Ritz, any ideas of what to do around there for 2 days. He will take us to grocery store on way to rental. Do all of you buy water or drink the water, I have read about their desalinisation process.
    Looking forward to our Rental in Gold Coast Villa. Has anyone stayed there, we booked an Air bnb. We won't have a car til Jan 18th. To 24, hoping there is a bus stop near there for the 4 days. We are walkers too so hoping to walk to Arashi and Boca Catalina some mornings when it is cooler, do you think it is doable? We walk at least 5k a day.
    thanks for everything in advance!!
    Cincy

Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum! You're going to LOVE your time in Aruba just as much as being retired!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    we stay at the gold coast every year. we love it. you need a car. it is close to Arashi Beach and Boca Catalina beach. they have 3 or 4 pools there, a clubhouse with a bar, a work out room, and the restaurant White Modern. The security guards are dolls, say hi to Leo for me. We love staying there. the Units are large, we stayed in a 3 bedroom but the two bedrooms are large too. enjoy!

Welcome to the forum!

Aruba since 1979
    ice fishing.............. sounds HORRIBLE

What bait do you use to fish for ice... vodka?? Seems it would be hard to bait the hook..