Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My first Aruba trip

My first Aruba trip

hi!! I'm leaving for Aruba this Sunday....I'm soo excited. I've been looking forward to this for months!! Two years since my last vacation and it's much deserved. I'm just hoping my flight does not get delayed due to this hurricane and hoping for some sun.

Any word to how the weather will be like next week? Any suggestions on what to do on rainy days?

Also, any suggestion on good food? Not looking for anything americanized. I want good authentic aruban food.

Thanks!
    Jen

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba .com community forum

here is a listing of what some folks here think of restaurant selections

If you had to pick three...

re: authentic aruban restaurants.....
    just avoid the american franchises and you will be fine

a wonderful aruban dish is Keshi Yena......it is chicken with a cheese sauce and raisins. it is excellent. many restaurants have it on their menus

also too some wonderful fish dishes

wahoo
    grouper
    snapper
    barracuda
    mahi mahi

we have always enjoyed the dinners at TULIP and their fish and keshi yena are wonderful.
    tulip is an open air restaurant at mvc eagle beach resort.

here is another restaurant site link http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/restaurants/search.aspx

http://www.meteo.aw/marckforecast.php
    weather looks good thru sunday
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 10-25-2012 at 11:06 PM. Reason: consolidating

Thanks for the information, Andrea!

perfect! Thank you for replying! that's all I really want to eat is fish. but I have friends that want to eat at El Gaucho's. Have you ever eaten there and how is it? I can read all the reviews I want, but I want to hear it first hand from the locals.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but how is the water at Eagle Beach? We're staying at Manchebo and I was wondering if the water there was rough. I don't know how to swim , so I'm kinda scared to go into rough water.

Aruba since 1979
    i am not a local.
    i am a frequent aruba visitor.
    i am a massachusetts person that has retired and moved to fla!

water at eagle beach is usually very nice, gentle waves.right now though tons of rough surf from Sandy.

El Gauchos is very popular.
    it is a staple on many people's restaurant list!

please be very careful at any beach, with the erosion from the storm, there may be drop offs. keep close to your buddies.

enjoy
    Quote Originally Posted by jenmora30 View Post
    perfect! Thank you for replying! that's all I really want to eat is fish. but I have friends that want to eat at El Gaucho's. Have you ever eaten there and how is it? I can read all the reviews I want, but I want to hear it first hand from the locals.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but how is the water at Eagle Beach? We're staying at Manchebo and I was wondering if the water there was rough. I don't know how to swim , so I'm kinda scared to go into rough water.

I apologize! I assumed you were since you were so knowledgeable. I'm sorry.

Thanks again for the information!!

Smile

Welcome to the board and you will LOVE Aruba!!
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Thank you Kent!! I'm sure I will love it!!

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Manchebo is one of our favorite places to stay. The beach there is incredible, but probably has some erosion right now. Even so, the beach there is so wide that it won't be a problem. Manchebo usually has some waves. I would imagine the storm has increased the size, but that will probably be calming down soon. Generally, the waves are gentle, but they do get churned up from time to time. There is a pool you can use if the water looks too rough. Hope you love it there as much as we do. Be sure to go to happy hour at Pega Pega, and give their restaurants a visit. All are very good.

Enjoy your first visit! Be sure to take it easy while taking it all in. don't be surprised if when you are ten minutes away from landing that you suddenly feel an overwhelming sense of relaxation crawling all over you, it's a strong sign that you are very close to the Happy Island and enfolded in its magical good vibes!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast