Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: My first Aruba trip

Add my welcome to all the other "Forum Members'." Hope you have a wonderful time...of course, it is almost impossible not to have the time of your life.

Ed

Leaving Sunday, also, I HOPE

We are also leaving Sunday from Newark. You'll love Aruba, been there the past few years. Let's all hope and prey tht the weather is cleared up and the damage is minimal. Where are you staying, we're at the Holiday Inn.

Eagle Beach, Baby Beach, Arashi Beach Tierra Del Sol golf course

Smile

Since you are staying at Manchebo you will be right next to one of our favorite restaurants. It is Matthews at the Casa Del Mar. Normally the waves there are very small but dont know what they are like right now. You can go to the bucuti resort live beachcams that show the beach next to manchebo. I dont know what the web site is but andrea can probably give it to you.
    We love El Gaucho. Very good food and service. They usually have fish and chicken as well as steaks. Enjoy your week.

Aruba since 1979
    http://www.matthews-aruba.com/home/index.html

matthews at casa del marQUOTE=arubabob;236097]Since you are staying at Manchebo you will be right next to one of our favorite restaurants. It is Matthews at the Casa Del Mar. Normally the waves there are very small but dont know what they are like right now. You can go to the bucuti resort live beachcams that show the beach next to manchebo. I dont know what the web site is but andrea can probably give it to you.
    We love El Gaucho. Very good food and service. They usually have fish and chicken as well as steaks. Enjoy your week.[/QUOTE]

Not sure , but its Aruba and your on vacation, I'm sure will be perfect, have fun, enjoy

Welcome on the forum and welcome to Aruba.
    I just arrived on island for 2 weeks and the weather has been beautiful muggy days, some wind and through the hurricane it was pretty rough sea. Today was sunny, more wind came back and the sea has calmed. There is some seaweed around and the beaches are always great especially at Eagle. I am taking my stroll on the beach tomorrow morning and I will let you know if there was any damage.
    Authentic restaurants that I love are Gasparito & Papiamento and the keshi Yena is to die for. Other restaurants that serve great seafood non Americanized are Buccaneer, Tulip, Hadicurari , Simply Fish just to name a few... Please try the Baracudda its my favorite. So far since I have been here I have eaten fish everyday and I had Mahi Mahi , Red Snapper, Barracuda and tonight was shark. I cant get enough of it...especially when its fresh , who can resist.
    El Gaucho is one of my favorites for steaks, the El Gaucho special is what I order and the sauce they bring out is out of this world and their pumpkin soup.
    I hope there are no delays in flying out and enjoy your well deserved vacation.

Have a safe flight.

QUOTE=jenmora30;235871]hi!! I'm leaving for Aruba this Sunday....I'm soo excited. I've been looking forward to this for months!! Two years since my last vacation and it's much deserved. I'm just hoping my flight does not get delayed due to this hurricane and hoping for some sun.

Any word to how the weather will be like next week? Any suggestions on what to do on rainy days?

Also, any suggestion on good food? Not looking for anything americanized. I want good authentic aruban food.

Thanks!
    Jen [/QUOTE]
    Capturing the passion and love of your special day in paradise.
    bellarubaphoto@yahoo.com

Welcome both to the "Forum," and "Paradise," aka Aruba. You will love it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12