Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kris10

Thread: My first trip to Aruba

My first trip to Aruba

My fiance and I are going to Aruba for our honeymoon this September. From what I have read, it sounds like a good time to go - not too crowded. We are staying at the Radisson. I am most interested in plenty of relaxing beach time, but we do want to see the sights. Any information from seasoned Aruba visitors would be appreciated!

Aruba since 1979
    check out this link http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/first%20time.html

lots of reading

welcome to the aruba.com community forum

We just got back from our trip on Wednesday night, I'm so sad! LOL We went for our first anniversary I'd definitely recommend the Flying Fishbone restaurant, our table was in the water...I mean, our feet were actually in the water/sand while we were eating and it was at sunset... ahhhhh it was so awesome!

Congratulations by the way!!

Thanks for the link Andrea- I'll check it out. The feet-in-the-water restaurant sounds RIGHT up our alley - really amazing! I will check that one out for sure. I am so excited!

Have a wonderful trip. You will learn so much in this forum. Just ask and they will answer. You picked a GREAT place for a honeymoon and to relax.
    Enjoy!!!!
    Pat

Quote Originally Posted by cibber93 View Post
    My fiance and I are going to Aruba for our honeymoon this September. From what I have read, it sounds like a good time to go - not too crowded. We are staying at the Radisson. I am most interested in plenty of relaxing beach time, but we do want to see the sights. Any information from seasoned Aruba visitors would be appreciated!

We have stayed at the Radisson the past few Septembers. You are right- It is VERY uncrowded. Most days I felt we were the only ones on the beach.
    I have photos taken at noon and the chairs were all empty.

What I liked best about the radisson-- youcan reserve your chair/palapa the day before at 4pm.

aruba visit

You will love the Radisson. It is situated perfectly. There is a pier close to the Radisson where a huge catamaran is docked called the Palm Pleasure. Book it! It is a fun sail and they will stop a couple of snorkel spots-one above a sunken ship. There are great drinks and food. I would HIGHLY recommend you rent a jeep for a few days so that you can explore the island and off-road. My husband loved that! Check out the website for The Flying Fishbone restaurant for a romantic evening. The food is fantastic! If you are really into exploring try to find Dos Playa Beach in your rented jeep. The locals surf there and is is close to empty most days and very romantic. We also love dining at Le Petit Cafe. Most of the dishes are served on these hot stones-so the food comes out sizzling and the aroma is to die for. We have always felt so safe on Aruba-it is really the only place where we have visited and felt like we could take off and explore on our own. Try to see the Blue Parrot Fish while you are there-you can hand feed them-it is a blast. These are some funny looking fish!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by mshryock View Post
    You will love the Radisson. It is situated perfectly. There is a pier close to the Radisson where a huge catamaran is docked called the Palm Pleasure. Book it! It is a fun sail and they will stop a couple of snorkel spots-one above a sunken ship. There are great drinks and food. I would HIGHLY recommend you rent a jeep for a few days so that you can explore the island and off-road. My husband loved that! Check out the website for The Flying Fishbone restaurant for a romantic evening. The food is fantastic! If you are really into exploring try to find Dos Playa Beach in your rented jeep. The locals surf there and is is close to empty most days and very romantic. We also love dining at Le Petit Cafe. Most of the dishes are served on these hot stones-so the food comes out sizzling and the aroma is to die for. We have always felt so safe on Aruba-it is really the only place where we have visited and felt like we could take off and explore on our own. Try to see the Blue Parrot Fish while you are there-you can hand feed them-it is a blast. These are some funny looking fish!