Aruba Beach

Thread: My first Visit

My first Visit

• Hello all! I would like to introduce myself and say Thanks for all the great tips and reviews I have obtained here. I must say this is the first time I have joined a forum, but had to even if all I do is say Thank you to all of you for the help in planning our first trip to Aruba. My Hubby and I are finally taking our first 'honeymoon' since being married. We love to travel, but have always taken all or some of the kids/grandkids with. I have received so many great ideas from this forum and have already booked Cerry, Jolly Pirates and several dinner reservations. We are going 28 April - 5 May and now I wish we had more time because there is so much we want to do. Thanks again and I welcome more ideas and tips for our vacation. We are so excited and have so long to wait yet!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum chandra!!

i can almost guarantee your trip will be WONDERFUL.

keep reading, posting and asking.

you'll be there only for a week, so make certain you do not OVERschedule yourselves.
    leave plenty of time for the beach.

where are you staying?

We will be staying at La Cabana, which I see you are familiar with so any information is welcome. So a few questions, will we have to get out to the beach early in the AM to get shade? How is the food on the property-I have seen mixed reviews on this one. We weren't going to rent a car, just planning on bus and/or cabs - is this a good idea?
    Thanks again!

Smile

Welcome tothe board and you will LOVE Aruba. I am going for my 25th trip in a few weeks. Its the Best!!! Kent
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Aruba since 1979
    beach YES by 6 am to get front row on the beach.
    or
    beach NO, go anytime if you do not mind a palapa 4 or 5 rows back.

my opinion of the Islander Grill restaurant at Lacabana is everything is pretty mediocre. breakfast there is OK, salads are good, burgers and other stuff is pretty much just ok.

las ramblas.......have not eaten there in yrs.

depending on your needs and where you want to go will dictate if you need a car.
    there are plenty of restaurants on the bus route!

Quote Originally Posted by ChandraRS View Post
    We will be staying at La Cabana, which I see you are familiar with so any information is welcome. So a few questions, will we have to get out to the beach early in the AM to get shade? How is the food on the property-I have seen mixed reviews on this one. We weren't going to rent a car, just planning on bus and/or cabs - is this a good idea?
    Thanks again!