Aruba Beach
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By LeaveTheKidsWithMom

Thread: Natural Food Grocery Stores?

Natural Food Grocery Stores?

Hello all! I am about to visit Aruba for the 1st time, and I am wondering what there is in the way of natural/high quality food grocery stores on the island? I'm wondering how much food I should lug with me, or if I can get everything I need on the island? We are staying in Savaneta. Thanks for your help

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

i am unfamiliar with grocery stores in the savanetta neighborhood.

superfood in the Eagle section of Aruba (about 100 yds east of eagle Beach) has a huge selection of natural food items as well as non gmo and organic.

are you looking for something similar to whole foods mkts?
    if so, i am aware of none.

hope others here are more helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sashad5 View Post
    Hello all! I am about to visit Aruba for the 1st time, and I am wondering what there is in the way of natural/high quality food grocery stores on the island? I'm wondering how much food I should lug with me, or if I can get everything I need on the island? We are staying in Savaneta. Thanks for your help

Senior Member LeaveTheKidsWithMom's Avatar
    Fresh Market in Paradera, its less than half the distance from Savaneta to Superfoods.
    Address: Paradera 176/6, Paradera, Aruba

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg75F3IOwJs

Aruba since 1979
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/Fr...!4d-69.9990168
    here is the link to the location on the map

LTKWM.....glad you knew of this place.

Awesome, I have taken note of both these places and will visit. Thank you Andrea and Leavethekidswithmom!

Also random question: can I buy avocados in Aruba, and how is the quality/price? I'm coming from California where they are great quality and relatively less expensive, so wondering if I should bring a whole bunch with me!

Sasha

Aruba since 1979
    if you bring fresh fruit with you and aruba customs checks your bag there is a chance they will be confiscated.
    aruba customs randomly checks bags, but for the most part they do not
    i always bring a few cooked and frozen meals with us, but never any fresh fruit or veggies.

avocados are over $2 each.
    we have a tree here in our yard and it killed me to pay over $2 at Lings.(lost all the avocados due to irma)

Quote Originally Posted by Sashad5 View Post
    Awesome, I have taken note of both these places and will visit. Thank you Andrea and Leavethekidswithmom!

Also random question: can I buy avocados in Aruba, and how is the quality/price? I'm coming from California where they are great quality and relatively less expensive, so wondering if I should bring a whole bunch with me!

Sasha