Aruba Beach

Thread: New to Aruba

New to Aruba

We are planning a vacation here for the 1st time and are taking our 2 teenagers with. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Aug.? Where you recommend us to stay, and is there enough to do to keep them busy and not board?

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    loads of folks here will be able to give suggestions

where to stay?
    what do you want? all inclusive? hotel? timeshare?
    i suggest the TAMARIJN which is all inclusive and hotel/resort, owned by DIVI.
    you will be able to KNOW what your vacation will cost b4 you even get on the plane.
    although the restaurants in aruba are wonderful, i still recommend the TAM, because you will have kids with you and it is your 1st trip.

check out the culinary section on this forum and pick one or 2 to visit for dinner. the rest of the time eat at the Tam and Divi restaurants.

August weather sunny hot windy humid (same year round except the wind dies down in sept and oct) ocean water will be low 80s sunrise around 7 am sunset around 7 pm

your teens will not be bored
    they can try the all inclusive non motorized watersports at the TAM.
    my son loved the windsurfing there.

off resort:
    they can go tubing.
    they can go horseback riding, snorkeling, scuba lessons, fishing and or do nothing but hang on the beach with other kids.

the beach there is great. (druiff beach in the low rise)

check out PLACES to STAY Tamarijn and Divi all inclusive
    check out ACTIVITIES Jolly Pirates snorkel tour
    if your kids love the beach they will not be bored AND you WILL be planning another aruba vacation b4 you know it.

Planning an all-inclusive trip in June ( 1 2)

andrea

Quote Originally Posted by M&D View Post
    We are planning a vacation here for the 1st time and are taking our 2 teenagers with. Can anyone tell me what the weather is like in Aug.? Where you recommend us to stay, and is there enough to do to keep them busy and not board?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 05-17-2009 at 08:33 PM.

Welcome to the forum.

August weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 84 F.
    Average water temperature 82 F.
    Average wind speed 18 mph
    Average rainfall 1 inch (20.3 inches annual)
    Average windspeed 18 mph

Boca Catalina Beach Marriott properties Mangel Halto for Snorkeling

Smile Where to stay with teens

We just got back from a week with our 17 year old. He was not bored for a minute. We stayed at the Marriott Surf Club (we're Marriott owners). If you decide to stay in the High Rise area on Palm Beach, the Marriott is a nice choice. The Surf has a Lazy River and pool combo, a nice beach and two adjacent Marriott properties. It's walking distance to a ton of restaurants, including four on the property and two right next door.

We went bottom fishing, snorkeling, and took an ATV ride to the beautiful north coast and Natural Pool. That was his favorite thing to do. As Andrea said, you can do nothing but lay on the beach or lots of activities like windsurfing, snorkel, scuba, golf, ATVs, etc. The fishing was fun, since we took our catch to the Moomba Restaurant next door and they cooked it for us.

It also didn't hurt that he met a few girls on day two and that pretty much took care of his social life for the week.

I think your teenagers will love it.