Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: New to Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    we have friends that have a married son.
    the son and daughter in law are "cyclists"(professionals)
    they are in the cycle business.
    they shipped their very expensive bikes to aruba.
    when they arrived, they picked up their bikes and apparently toured all over including the arikok.
    they then shipped the bikes home.

the parents of this couple just told me that they thought Aruba was too small for their biking needs/likes.

their next adventure is ireland in august.

as i said before i am not a cyclist, but i would be very leery especially because of the motor vehicles, the wind, the heat and some sand on the roads.

Since you like to bike, there are places where you can rent a bike for a day or week. There are also mountain bike tours. I did one a few years ago but found out I was not in shape for that. The one I did you had to bike up to the light house.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by jaw View Post
    Suggest you consider a snorkeling trip with www.arubabob.com. They use water scooters and provide a very nice trip. Will provide all equipment if you do not have.
    We scheduled with Aruba Bob. Very excited. Thanks again

Very helpful. With so much to do and also wanting to lay back for a good amount of time, we are going to leave the cycling at home. Another place, another time. Thanks again.

Aruba Bob is an excellent choice and a great adventure. Have fun!!!

Randy, Make sure you grab a free bag and coupon books on way out of airport door from the greeters- very useful and full off discounts and ideas of what to do. As for fishing shares, if you go across from the Renaissance Hotel down town you will see a marina with charter fishing boats. Go in the eve and leave your name and number with a couple boats and they might be able to hook you with other people for a share. Get their business card and keep on trying to hook up. You have to do the work and call other share people if they find someone. You have to leave a deposit and set date & time if they find someone to share with you, they don't do that. Keep asking people you meet on island and by docks that you want to share a boat. We were able to hook up this way 4 years ago. Check the search bar on this forum for fishing and you will see preferred fishing boats that forum member recommend here.Good luck!
    Sean and Susan

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We highly recommend HatsOff fishing boat at the Rennisance Marina

Thanks.

I like this option. Appreciate the advice. Thank you - Randy

Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    Randy, Make sure you grab a free bag and coupon books on way out of airport door from the greeters- very useful and full off discounts and ideas of what to do. As for fishing shares, if you go across from the Renaissance Hotel down town you will see a marina with charter fishing boats. Go in the eve and leave your name and number with a couple boats and they might be able to hook you with other people for a share. Get their business card and keep on trying to hook up. You have to do the work and call other share people if they find someone. You have to leave a deposit and set date & time if they find someone to share with you, they don't do that. Keep asking people you meet on island and by docks that you want to share a boat. We were able to hook up this way 4 years ago. Check the search bar on this forum for fishing and you will see preferred fishing boats that forum member recommend here.Good luck!
    Sean and Susan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12