Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the board, but not to Aruba

New to the board, but not to Aruba

I've been a board lurker for some time, but registered last week. The wife and I started going to Aruba when we were just dating. Three kids later we'll be going on our 9th trip in August. And yes we always take the kids with us, I wouldn't have it any other way. People call us crazy for taking them, but I like to think of it as being insane. We have found so much useful information from this forum to help plan some of our trips. Thanks for the great resource.

Welcome. You will find some wonderful info here

Other than our honeymoon, we've always brought our kids to Aruba too, and have had a friend(s) come along as well. This will be our last year bringing any of our kids (youngest going to college in the fall), until our grandkids come along. Aruba is a wonderful island for both families and couples.
    No Shirt, No Shoes, No Problem
    Next Aruba trip in
    Loving Aruba Since Honeymoon 1984

mpc111,

Welcome. There is tons of people here that take their kids, I think its great. I think its even more wonderful that your kids have the opportunity to go with the 2 of you. Enjoy have a wonderful trip. Insane you are NOT, they don't stay kids for long, so enjoy all the moments

Aruba since 1979
    while out to dinner last week at buccaneer with friends, and friend's sister and BIL, i mentioned to those folks about their 11 grandchildren coming to aruba sometime.

the woman (friend's sister) said no way was aruba appropriate for kids.
    i found that sad.
    i have seen many a family on aruba enjoying themselves.
    swim, sand, activities......a great place for families w/ children.

We always alternate - bring our kids, go alone, bring our kids, go alone . . . Pretty soon the kids will not be able to come. Daughter is a senior in college and son is a freshman in high school

I know there will be a point when the kids won't even want to come with us....but that's a long way off. For now, we'll continue our family trips at out favorite island in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    the woman (friend's sister) said no way was aruba appropriate for kids.
    If I didn't know you I would think you were teasing? Aruba not appropriate for kids?
    i found that sad.
    Even my 96 yo grandmother would tell you that taking her 4 grandchildren to Aruba was one of the most enjoyable things she has ever done.

Aruba since 1979
    the last time our son traveled with us to aruba was difficult for us.
    he was on his christmas break senior year from mass maritime and in looooooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeee with rebecca. she was in spain doing a semester abroad.

he was truly a fun sucker on that trip.
    he did not even want to go SCUBA diving.
    every time paul and i were having fun, dear son turned and sucked away the fun because he was pining for his becca. (big sigh)

a few years passed, he is now married to becca and they honeymooned in aruba over christmas 2009.
    paul and i considered going with them so we could act as "fun suckers".

he enjoyed aruba as a young kid.
    by the time he was 12 he and his buddy ben, were quite proficient in taking the bus downtown to buy their tee shirts and other wares at the little places next to the paddock.
    kevin and ben were always very safety conscious and were very good at checking in with paul and i at appointed intervals.
    once they became certified in SCUBA, they both became what i call "unique water sports rats"......hanging out at Unique Watersports shop from 8 am til sunset and getting in many dives.

aruba is a great spot for kids (just not ones that are pining for their love)

OK., where in the world did the "Not appropriate for children" originate? My friend and I, bring two teenagers each and every time we go; and they love it, and cannot wait for the next trip. There was a time, Andrea, and "Forum Members," when there were incidents of unacceptable dress and behavior for youngsters; but, since then, "Aruba is definitely," a "Family oriented vacation Paradise."

Oh, Andrea, I enjoy your humor, "***we could act as 'fun suckers.'"

Hope all are well and survived these horrific snow storms...56" or possibly more...here in N. Virginia.

Ed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast