Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to board..new to Aruba!

New to board..new to Aruba!

Hi all!

We are in the process of planning our first trip to Aruba for next winter! This is a fabulous forum, and my reading has already gotten us excited with all of your enthusiam for what appears to be a great place to vacation!

I know I will probably ask questions which have been covered a thousand times, and hope for your patience with the newbie! I promise to try the "search" feature first!!

Bon-Bini Paradise.....glad to have you on board...enjoy the Forum.

Very happy you joined the club!! You would be amazed at what these Forum members know!!!

Welcome.........

Be careful. Once you've been to Aruba once, you'll be hooked and won't want to go anywhere else. That's what happened to me.
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

Welcome to the forum...ask away!

Arubalisa said it best!!!! and Ditto

Quote Originally Posted by dahliatr View Post
    The island is in very serious trouble. It is dangerous to travel there now. I was there last month. the situation is getting more violent. why go to a place that is so unstabe,.? Do you need a vacation that badly?
    It is very unfortunate that you feel other people are not capable of making their own decision as to whether or not to travel to Aruba.

"The island is in very serious trouble."
    Could you please supply examples? What SPECIFICALLY?
    The economy, crime, over-building, too many vendors on Palm Beach, too much traffic downtown, the plush new resorts, the up to date modern airport facility, too many boats anchored off of Palm Beach, too many parasails in the sky, Seaport Marina too crowded, not enough internet kiosks? I can look around my own city to see negative issues. Fortunately Aruba does not have issues as large as those anywhere here in the US. I choose Aruba willingly as my vacation destination and will continue to dwell on the POSITIVE.

"It is dangerous to travel there now."
    Again, you mention not a single event. Just one broad statement which has WHAT basis? Back up your statement with facts please.

"I was there last month. the situation is getting more violent."
    IF you are referring to the government workers who were protesting, if you read this forum you would be informed as to the NEWS and be fully aware of the fact that these protests have ended and a settlement was reached.

"why go to a place that is so unstabe,.? "
    Unstable in what way? Facts please.

Hi, Paradise! Welcome to the forum. We just got back 2-1/2 weeks ago and had a great time! It is beautiful there and the people of Aruba are wonderful! You will have an amazing time! Never once did I feel unsafe! Please do not be discouraged by one post! Best vacation of my life!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by dahliatr View Post
    The island is in very serious trouble. It is dangerous to travel there now. I was there last month. the situation is getting more violent. why go to a place that is so unstabe,.? Do you need a vacation that badly?
    Well, I don't know what the heck is going on here, but I was there the same time, and stayed next to Parliament. Nothing violent or unstable to me. Please back up your statments. I will choose to disreguard your statments as i believe they are unfounded. cindyo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast