Aruba Beach

Thread: new to forum

new to forum

Hello all my name is Ro. Looking forward to our trip 12/12 - 12/19 2009. Don & I will be staying at Divi Dutch Village.

Our 1st trip was Feb 1981 stayed at Americana Palm Drive. 2nd trip 1994 La Cabana. 3rd time was just a stop off on a cruise. Boy were we surprised how the island has changed.

Looking forward to reading others trip reports so we can get info. We do not plan to rent a car so I asked at another forum if there were restaurants within walking distance from our hotel and got enough recommendations to fill a months stay! We may pick an upscale place for one dressy dinner---maybe Papillon, Papemento or MMe Janettes.

The reason we plan low-key meals is because March 2010 we'll spend 3 weeks in St Martin adn want to save $$ for Grand Case restaurants.

Looking forward to sun and R&R

Welcome, fyi by staying at the Divi (AI) you can also have a very Classy & Romantic sunset dinner at Windows on Aruba, located at the Divi Links, for $30pp off the main menu. It's enclosed with ac & great ocean & after sunset lit up golf course views. Tell them your celebrating for a free glass of bubbly! And you can golf cart there & back.

Aruba since 1979
    hi ro and don

welcome to the forum
    dutch village is nice and you will be real close to the beach

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Welcome to the Forum. Enjoy your trip.

I, also, want to welcome you to our forum and hope that you will continue to monitor, and, hopefully. keep us informed about your up-coming trip to "Paradise/aka Aruba)