Aruba Beach

Thread: New to forum and Aruba: june 28-july 5th

New to forum and Aruba: june 28-july 5th

Hello to all and thanks for all the sharing in this forum! This is our first ''timer'' in Aruba but probably not our last We will be staying at the Marriott Surf Club from June 28 to July 5th and we will be unfortunately on a low budget so... i'm planning mostly beach days but at least one or 2 activities... De Palm have plenty and i'm seeing others with activities so wich one is better? We would like to snorkel at least one day, the jeep safari looks tempting as the party bus! Oh my... so many things to do with so a tight budget!!! I guess we will have to come back to do the rest ! By the way, is the Surf Club far away from shopping and restaurants? We think renting a car might be more expensive for us if we dont plan to go outside the resort everyday... Heard the bus system was good but where to find fares and circuit numbers?

Thanks again and glad being aboard!

Welcome....We are owners at the Surf Club.Its the last Resort in the high rise area.Do you need a car,not really but if you plan on seeing the island on your own you could rent a car for about $170.00.Buses run every half hour and cabs are always at the resort.If you on a buget you can save some money by bringing a collapsible cooler and make your own drinks.Drinks at the Surf are about$8.oo.You will have a great time.

Quote Originally Posted by DANNYO View Post
    Welcome....We are owners at the Surf Club.Its the last Resort in the high rise area.Do you need a car,not really but if you plan on seeing the island on your own you could rent a car for about $170.00.Buses run every half hour and cabs are always at the resort.If you on a buget you can save some money by bringing a collapsible cooler and make your own drinks.Drinks at the Surf are about$8.oo.You will have a great time.

Thanks Dannyo but what about the moomba next to the resort? Do they have happy hour?

Moomba is great!!! Yes they do, or at least did have a Happy Hour!!!

Have fun with the Forum, It is Great!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jesuis1837 View Post
    Do they have happy hour?
    Happy hour 6 pm to 7 pm http://www.moombabeach.com/component/

Looks good to me!!!

Smile

I will be on Aruba June 27 thru July 13th. If you are on a tight budget I will take you snorkling for free. I go everyday and I always like to take people. Please e-mail me and we can talk. Thanks Kent kentgerber@adamswells.com
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

That's so nice of you Kent! Thanks!!! My wife is REALLY happy!!! I'll be email you shortly!