Aruba Beach

Thread: New to forum & built dream home in tds!

ash

Post New to forum & built dream home in tds!

Hello forum members and trollers!
    I'm new here as a member but have read this forum for a while now. It took 3 years to build it but now we are aruba dreamhomeowners! Still working out a few bugs (problemos) with the house...the process is not for the weak of heart, believe me. It has been the steepest learning curve in our lives and have "joked" how aruba needs a recipe book on how to build there as so much of the process is different. Yeah, lots of running around seems to be the only way to get things done and usually it is because someone told us we needed to DO something which we didn't know about. Ugh.
    My first real party at the house will be in October. A group of gals from Atlanta, California and New Jersey will visit. This is the group's 4th GirlsGoneAruba trip ~ my first as hostess! Hey, just wish me luck, patience and a steady hand making mojitos and caprihainas.
    PS The electric bills are outrageous. I've read some interesting facts about stealing of electricity by the subcontractors, using a regulator to hold voltage steady, locks on water faucets, etc. Would like to hear what others suggest. Thx.

Quote Originally Posted by ash View Post
    PS The electric bills are outrageous. I've read some interesting facts about stealing of electricity by the subcontractors, using a regulator to hold voltage steady, locks on water faucets, etc. Would like to hear what others suggest. Thx.
    Welcome to the forum.

For info on above see our sub-category Moving to Aruba for losts of suggestions and ideas.

Ash,

Congrats on the house. I'm in Savaneta half the year. Where are you located? See you around sometime.

Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

ash
    Thanks for pointing me to that thread, ArubaLisa! There is great info there, and much to process as we transition from builders to homeowners.