Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: New to Forum need Information about chickens

This is very encouraging... this will be our first visit to Aruba and now I am looking forward to it. We hope to stay in a Condo complex bordering on the beach. We both love to walk and explore the local shops etc. It's easy to ask a travel agent what it's like there, but I prefer to take the word of people who have actually visited as they have nothing to gain by their answers.

So thank you all for your response... and I will check back often in case others have comments they wish to add.

I've only seen them at Kentucky fried

During my more than 20 trips to Aruba over the years, staying each time at the Renaissance Ocean Suites, I never saw a chicken there… until last year! One day I saw a single plump chicken strutting in the grassy area near Queen Wilhelmina Park. After that occasion, I never saw the chicken again.

Perhaps it became someone’s dinner.

Or maybe it crossed the road… to get to the other side.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Stony-fear not
    Aruba is perfect for a great vacation

Well said Arubachip, well said! Who writes your material?

Over Christmas we saw as many goats in Arikok National Park as we have ever seen on the island in 18 years of visiting Aruba.

Quote Originally Posted by Arubalisa View Post
    Over Christmas we saw as many goats in Arikok National Park as we have ever seen on the island in 18 years of visiting Aruba.
    My wife and I were sitting at Linda's one morning enjoying breakfast, when she said too me, turn around, when I did there was a bunch of goats coming out of the bushes and strolling down the road. Well the bushes are gone now and a new building is being built there, I guess no more goats.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    you quite possibly will see "free range" goats on the island in the less populated areas. I have never seen a chicken outside of someones yard however.

New to Forum need Information about chickens-dscn8039.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by coldsteel337 View Post
    you quite possibly will see "free range" goats on the island in the less populated areas. I have never seen a chicken outside of someones yard however.
    Did see this fine looking fella while in Key West News Years…..lol….but never in Aruba...

We have never seen many chickens...Goat yes on way to baby beach.....we saw 100 or so goats.....

Chickens ..lol

Aruba is a great place.....people are great and weather can not be beat!!

I will say I was sad when they lifted the building moratorium as to stop development. The one local said why build more as all Arubians have jobs or are working...we would need to import laborers....and that is what happened. I always asked if they are from Aruba......just saying....I love the place...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast