Aruba Beach

Thread: New to forum not Aruba HELP

New to forum not Aruba HELP

My husband and I have been to Aruba 9 times. the first time was in 1989 for our Honeymoon. We have always referred to Aruba as OUR very own private paradise.
    During the last 20+ years we've had 3 great kids, and have basically lied to them whenever we want to sneak away to paradise, telling them that "nana and grandpa just want you all to themselves for just a little while"... not so much anymore. They are TEENAGERS now and guess where we are all going in about 2 weeks? yep you guessed it ARUBA. We are traveling with 5 teenage girls and 1 boy and no I'm not insane ...YET
    Here is where you all come in... What to do with 5 17yr girls while keeping them safe and happy?? not worried about my son, as he is your typical 11yr old, he can still make fun wherever he goes.

Any and all Ideas welcomed...

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Quote Originally Posted by bralki View Post
    My husband and I have been to Aruba 9 times. the first time was in 1989 for our Honeymoon. We have always referred to Aruba as OUR very own private paradise.
    During the last 20+ years we've had 3 great kids, and have basically lied to them whenever we want to sneak away to paradise, telling them that "nana and grandpa just want you all to themselves for just a little while"... not so much anymore. They are TEENAGERS now and guess where we are all going in about 2 weeks? yep you guessed it ARUBA. We are traveling with 5 teenage girls and 1 boy and no I'm not insane ...YET
    Here is where you all come in... What to do with 5 17yr girls while keeping them safe and happy?? not worried about my son, as he is your typical 11yr old, he can still make fun wherever he goes.

Any and all Ideas welcomed...
    I am going to throw some ideas out to you as I have 2 teenage daughters ( 16&18) ...so I know what you are going thru.
    You should first know that they will serve liquor to them, they are old enuf to drink there. Won't even ask for an ID...
    Take them on one of the boats, Jolly Pirate with the rope swing would be fun for them, or a snorkel sail on one of the others out there.
    They can parasail for around 80 a person, thats a fun thing.
    If you and they decide they want to go clubbing, I would highly suggest that you have a cab bring them, and return for them at a given time. I would suggest Bully for that or one of his relatives. There are several clubs around, but the only one I am familiar with is Carlos and Charlies. There is a water slide in there. You could prearrange for them to be dropped off and picked up, and that they stay together. This location is downtown, and frankly speaking as a mom, not a great area imop.
    Also, down at the high rise area there are plenty of places the girls might like to go; Hooters, Hard Rock, Harencia mall with water show, lots of little carts with trinkets to buy. I would suggest they stay away from walking the beach at nite, they should use the paved walkways in front of the high rise area.
    You didn't mention where you were staying, so I can't really give ya any more adivse from concerning locations.
    Ask away, I know what you're going thru...cindyo

do not take drinks from nobody and if they wanna drink give them plenty money so they can buy there own drink, and please keep your drink in your hands till you finish your drink.

cindyO

Thanks for the info... all of your tips and points are well taken. O yeah, we are staying at the Holiday Inn. Probably not the best resort but loved the location, all things considered

taxidriver

Thanks for your concern with regards to watching over drinks. My husband and I have owned night clubs for 20 years and have seen first hand all of the craziness that can and does go on. Great for us... bad for the girls...Thanks again

Aruba since 1979
    i am going to copy this thread over to the "activities" to see if there are suggestions there too.

Thank you Andrea. I just booked our arrival pick up with Bully via email. Thanks to you and the forum family for passing his info onto me. One less thing to worry about before we arrive ... he seemed very pleasent...

Quote Originally Posted by bralki View Post
    Thanks for the info... all of your tips and points are well taken. O yeah, we are staying at the Holiday Inn. Probably not the best resort but loved the location, all things considered

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn and thought it was fine.They do have a pretty good breakfast buffet there too.If you're into Off-road Depalma tours offers a jeep tour.They go all over the island,vist caves with bats,a very old church and a few other scenic places of interest.They even stop at the baby beach and you can go snorkeling.