Aruba Beach

Thread: New here - can't wait for vacation!

New here - can't wait for vacation!

Hey yall,
    I am new here. I just signed up today because I'm looking for information about Aruba... where to go, what to do, where to eat, etc. My husband and I will be in Aruba September 21-26. We are staying at the Marriott Palm Beach. We are so excited, almost like 2 little kids on Christmas Eve! I hope to learn a lot while I'm here and if you have any suggestions for us please let me know. I know we'd like to dive at least once while we're there. Thanks for having me!

Regards,
    bkka

Welcome to the forum! I see you have already dove right in. You will have plenty of time between now and September to become well acquainted with Aruba.

Just dropping in to say hi.

The wife and I are heading back to Aruba next week for a few days. After reading some comments we decided to cancel our reservations at the Riu and book it at the Marriott Resort Stellias instead.

The first time we went to Aruba, Aug 07, she was 4 months pregnant. Hopefully she'll enjoy it this time, but I think we'll have separation anxiety from the baby .

John

Quote Originally Posted by Jas3113 View Post
    Just dropping in to say hi.

The wife and I are heading back to Aruba next week for a few days. After reading some comments we decided to cancel our reservations at the Riu and book it at the Marriott Resort Stellias instead.

The first time we went to Aruba, Aug 07, she was 4 months pregnant. Hopefully she'll enjoy it this time, but I think we'll have separation anxiety from the baby .

John
    Be sure to let me know how your stay at the Marriott is!

How old is the baby? We have have 2 daughters. We'll miss them, but we are looking forward to having a nice vacation together!
    Can't wait for September 2008 - Our first trip to Aruba!

Quote Originally Posted by bkka View Post
    Be sure to let me know how your stay at the Marriott is!

How old is the baby? We have have 2 daughters. We'll miss them, but we are looking forward to having a nice vacation together!
    I definately will.

He's 3 months old and we're celebrating my bday, so a little time off is will be good , he'll be with us on our next trip though when he can acutally enjoy it a little.

John

Welcome to the forum Bkka!

You will have a great time in Aruba. If you want some pointers on what to do in aruba just ask!
    I will be happy to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jas3113 View Post
    I definately will.

He's 3 months old and we're celebrating my bday, so a little time off is will be good , he'll be with us on our next trip though when he can acutally enjoy it a little.

John
    Ah yes, I remember the first vacation we took alone after our oldest was born. One of the longest weeks of my life because I missed her so much.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaSalsa View Post
    Welcome to the forum Bkka!

You will have a great time in Aruba. If you want some pointers on what to do in aruba just ask!
    I will be happy to help.
    Thanks! So far we plan on going to the beach, diving once or twice and eating at Flying Fishbone and Madame Janette. I'm open for other ideas, but don't want to book too much. Maybe one other activity. Ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by bkka View Post
    Ah yes, I remember the first vacation we took alone after our oldest was born. One of the longest weeks of my life because I missed her so much.

Thanks! So far we plan on going to the beach, diving once or twice and eating at Flying Fishbone and Madame Janette. I'm open for other ideas, but don't want to book too much. Maybe one other activity. Ideas?
    Since you are only going to be there for 5 nights, I think you have it pretty much covered. Save time for relaxing on the beach. For dinner, maybe check out Simply Fish since you will be right there at the Marriott? I hear it is fabulous.
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/f12/marriott-restaurant-gift-certificate-30123/#post104110

Simply Fish

Thanks for the links! I'll definitely check out the dinner gift certificates. I have also heard good things about Simply Fish. Decisions, decisions!