Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: New member

My name is Shelly and I am from Central Wisconsin. I will be in Aruba solo in April , my first time there. I am a destination expert for Jamaica on tripadvisor and that had been my home for vacations for last 10 years but the violence and crime in the area I usually stay has gotten to be too much. I have traveled solo to Mexico,Cozumel, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Bahamas. I love cliff jumping and white water rafting and the ocean in general and I am not a calm sand gravity lover. I like to take advantage of as many hours as I can when in another country to be active. I have spent probably over 40 hours online researching Aruba and the things I can and cannot do there.
    I have some ideas for activities you may have seen me post elsewhere. I booked Holiday Inn because of being near Moomba's it seemed a good home base for activity many hours a day. I want to do the Kunuko party bus, Bugaloe and a Madi Magical tours trip to the natural pool. Hoping to find a comedy show also while in town.
    I probably babbled more then necessary already! I look forward to meeting other board members.

Since you love the ocean try Aruba Bob snorkeling. You start off at the beach and you head out to the ocean with these hand held propeller, snorkeling gear, life vest and a well trained swimmer, scuba diver. You will see a ship wreck and depending on how far out you are willing to go, you will see a beautiful coral, and fishes of over kind, color etc. For the very adventourous type they do a night time snorkle. I did the day time snorkel and had the time of my life.. Try it..

Welcome Wisconsin. We are also from central Wisconsin, and in a couple weeks will be making our 14th trip to Aruba. Been many years since we were as outgoing and adventurous as it appears you've been on recent vacations elsewhere. Hope you'll find Aruba to your liking in much the same way as we have.
    Joe & Mimi

LIFE IS GOOD

Aruba since 1979
    babble away!!!

let us know about madi magical tour.
    i am interested in hearing the ease of making the reservation and the timeliness of the response.

Quote Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
    My name is Shelly and I am from Central Wisconsin. I will be in Aruba solo in April , my first time there. I am a destination expert for Jamaica on tripadvisor and that had been my home for vacations for last 10 years but the violence and crime in the area I usually stay has gotten to be too much. I have traveled solo to Mexico,Cozumel, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Bahamas. I love cliff jumping and white water rafting and the ocean in general and I am not a calm sand gravity lover. I like to take advantage of as many hours as I can when in another country to be active. I have spent probably over 40 hours online researching Aruba and the things I can and cannot do there.
    I have some ideas for activities you may have seen me post elsewhere. I booked Holiday Inn because of being near Moomba's it seemed a good home base for activity many hours a day. I want to do the Kunuko party bus, Bugaloe and a Madi Magical tours trip to the natural pool. Hoping to find a comedy show also while in town.
    I probably babbled more then necessary already! I look forward to meeting other board members.

I have spoken to Madi already and she states that commonly people report she a no show but it because her online reservation and her internet reporting service not real reliable. She told me to call a couple days in advance. I will report back cannot beat her price for sure.

Welcome Shelly! We've stayed at the Holiday Inn many, many times. It was one of the first hi-rise hotels on the island, and even though it has been there a long time, they have recently refurbished. My favorite area on our last trip became the conversation areas in the courtyard area. They are a nice place to sit with a drink in the evening. If you have any questions about the hotel, please ask away.

Don't worry about babbling on; I tend to be long winded here; we all love to talk about Aruba.

If you are on FB, there is a group named All Things Aruba. Someone posted a picture yesterday and asked "How many different water sports can you count in this photo?" It included jet skiing, wind surfing, stand up sea kayaking, and just floating.

Welcome to the forum Shelly. You will just love Aruba.

AUA1989 thanks I found it and requested to join the group on facebook.

Hi Shelly! Welcome

Please babble away - we love chatting about Aruba

Thankfully violence & crime are things you do not have to worry about!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    also so check out ARUBA on FB, another great site

Quote Originally Posted by AUA1989;[FONT=comic sans ms
    If you are on FB, there is a group named All Things Aruba. Someone posted a picture yesterday and asked "How many different water sports can you count in this photo?" It included jet skiing, wind surfing, stand up sea kayaking, and just floating.
    [/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast