Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New To The Message Board

I love the whole island, so it's hard to choose, but if I have to then I would say baby beach & the natural bridge area

New To The Message Board

Good Afternoon ALL

I am new to the message board, but not to Aruba. In June I will make my 12th trip.

I use to visit the old message board from time to time, but that was during the time of controversey and it took too long to view the post.

Welcome to the forum Aruba traveler!

Bon-Bini and enjoy...a lot of great experiences and info are shared here.

Quote Originally Posted by dahliatr View Post
    You have got to be kidding. Going to aruba now and spending money on an island where evryone chews your ear off about their terrible financial sitation, is nuts. I was there in april 2008 and things were just getting bad. Now I hear they damaged the government building. Are you people so desperate that you need a vacation on an unstable island? I have beeen to aruba 10 times. Not anymore. The people told me they will eventually try and overthrow the government. Do you want to go with is on your mind? Good Luck.
    Although your points are somewhat valid, I think your impression of the island, its politics, and ability to provide tourists with the high-quality vacation they have been used to is a bit dramatic and not fully rational. The recently ended strike was the primary reason for the temporary chaos -- quite frankly, to Aruba's credit, that chaos was quite controlled and moderate compared to what other countries (including the US) have experienced during worker strikes.

I'll be there for a few weeks starting next week, and will judge it for myself. I'm not too worried about it...

Keep the trips scheduled!!!!!!! All are great!!! Nice to have you aboard!!!!

dahliatr,
    Not sure what your agenda is but your tone is not very nice. I just got off the phone with American Airlines and they are not thinking of suspending flights. They actually laughed. If you are talking about a couple of weeks ago during the strike when there were delays maybe but not now.

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    Hhhmmm...I was there too, April to be exact ,for 2 wks, stayed directly across the street from Parliament. Saw no damage to the building, in fact the locals told us that Marriott was thinking of buying the building and using it for more hotel space. The strike is over, there is no damage, and I wish my head was laying in the aruba sand along with my feet. AA is not suspending flights..this is all OLD, very old news.
    People out there, go to aruba, spend your $$, enjoy yourself, the aruba people are wonderful. cindyo xoxox
    Last edited by cindyo; 05-01-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Don't change your trip plans! Aruba is wonderful. I will bee there soon, but not soon enough. I will make sure to report back what I see and hear.
    Have Fun, Pete

Personally Dahliatr, I feel that since you are such a world traveler, that the rest of the earth would welcome you. Please take your "hiney" and book a ticket elsewhere! I will spend enough money on the Island to make up for what you do not!

Just my opinion, I do not represent the Forum!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tds-ken View Post
    Personally Dahliatr, I feel that since you are such a world traveler, that the rest of the earth would welcome you. Please take your "hiney" and book a ticket elsewhere! I will spend enough money on the Island to make up for what you do not!

Just my opinion, I do not represent the Forum!!!!!
    tds-ken...

My comment was going to revolve around the world traveler comment as well. Elaborating -- sadly most countries around the world are more severely impacted by civil unrest than Aruba (or the US, or a whole bunch of other countries). I always love hearing about touted "world travelers" as well, since anyone who is truly a world traveler would be embarrassed to make such a comment. Let's chalk this off as a short-sighted combination of insecurity, lack of worldliness at multiple levels, and quite frankly some agenda.

Folks on this forum enjoy themselves, enjoy Aruba, and are quite capable of making their vacation decisions. Enough said ... (exiting from my soap box area...)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast