Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New To The Message Board

Quote Originally Posted by topshelf View Post
    Let's chalk this off as a short-sighted combination of insecurity, lack of worldliness at multiple levels, and quite frankly some agenda.

Folks on this forum enjoy themselves, enjoy Aruba, and are quite capable of making their vacation decisions. Enough said ... (exiting from my soap box area...)

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by topshelf View Post
    tds-ken...My comment was going to revolve around the world traveler comment as well. Elaborating -- sadly most countries around the world are more severely impacted by civil unrest than Aruba (or the US, or a whole bunch of other countries). I always love hearing about touted "world travelers" as well, since anyone who is truly a world traveler would be embarrassed to make such a comment. Let's chalk this off as a short-sighted combination of insecurity, lack of worldliness at multiple levels, and quite frankly some agenda.

Folks on this forum enjoy themselves, enjoy Aruba, and are quite capable of making their vacation decisions. Enough said ... (exiting from my soap box area...)
    Hopefully Dahliat will troll somewhere else. 4 negative posts are 4 too many. I did not ban her, but will next time if she gets back on her soapbox.

Wow, someone stubbed their toe and needs mommie to kiss it. I guess when I was in Spain for the Atocha Bombings I missed something. Or, maybe when I was in Jamaica and had two people burst into my room in the middle of the night I missed something else. Or, perhaps, in Mexico when I was hassled by the police, I could have been on another planet.

Of course, nothing like this has happened in Aruba and while the strike was a bit of an inconvenience, plenty of visitors never noticed. An election is coming next year and the people in power will no doubt change, as they have many times before because politicians, like dirty diapers, should be changed frequently and for the same reasons.

Saludos!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

I love the whole island, so it's hard to choose, but if I have to then I would say baby beach & the natural bridge area

Thank you and...

First and foremost let me say thank you for the warm greetings from all. And to the few that commented on the political unrest in Aruba I thank you too for you insightful comments, but I'll take my changes. I love Aruba and I have no thoughts of postponing or cancelling my visit.

I could not agree more with Topshelf!!!!! Perfect and Fantastic!!!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12