Aruba Beach

Thread: New to Site and ARUBA!!!!

Exclamation New to Site and ARUBA!!!!

Hello fellow travelers:
    My husband and I will be in Aruba for the first time next week (3/19-3/23). We will be staying at the Tam. Been reading through the threads and got lots of great info. I was wondering about a couple of things:

1) Never been to an all inclusive before - does anyone have pros/cons to this? Are you limited to just B/L/D or can you get something to eat around the clock?

2) Are drinks really unlimited? What are the specialties?

3) Is it the 11 or 13 block that's more secluded? We don't mind a little walk to get to the restaurants.

We would also like to do horseback riding. I've read the Ponderosa is good. Can you run w/the horses on the beach?

Any other tips/advice you can share, I'd be most appreciative.
    Anyone else staying the same time?
    Thanks!

Last edited by JMillerlite; 03-10-2009 at 08:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JMillerlite View Post
    Hello fellow travelers:
    My husband and I will be in Aruba for the first time next week (3/19-3/23). We will be staying at the Tam. Been reading through the threads and got lots of great info. I was wondering about a couple of things:
    I hope you enjoy the Tamarijn as much as my family has.

1) Never been to an all inclusive before - does anyone have pros/cons to this? Are you limited to just B/L/D or can you get something to eat around the clock?
    You cannot eat around the clock. Food is not available between 1 a.m. and 7 a.m. Pizza per Tutti is our favorite snack spot. I wrote extensively about the food & bev at the Tam in the portion of my review at
    Tamarijn All Inclusive 12/22 - 1/3/08 Food, Beverage & Service

2) Are drinks really unlimited? What are the specialties?
    Ask my soon to be 13 yo about unlimited EVERYTHING! I think our last 12 night trip she "only" gained 7 pounds on a 80 pounds frame.

Drink specials rotate daily and there is a wide variety of frozen concotions.

3) Is it the 11 or 13 block that's more secluded? We don't mind a little walk to get to the restaurants.
    You want the opposite end, 1900 -2500 for more seclusion. 1100 - 1300 are close to the main area of the resort. There is a fair amount of traffic passing in front of the rooms as people walk down to the fitness center, rock climbing wall and watersports center as well as the stretch of beach between the Tamarijn and Divi. http://www.arubabound.com/accommo/tamarijn_map.jpg

Thank you so much for your reply. Can I bug you for one more question?

Do they have public internet? Or should I bring my laptop? Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to be on the computer all day, it's just to check in at home and returning flights.

Can't wait for the sunshine!!!

Aruba since 1979
    the Tamarijn has an internet cafe' as well as wifi for your laptop

the 2x that lisa has been there, her husband has brought his laptop as he needs it for work, even though he is on vacation

lisa can probably give you the pricing but i think it is not too high.

paul and i have stayed at the tamarijn a number of times and you will not go hungry

we had stayed in the 1500 building and the location was ideal
    a 2 minute walk to restaurants
    a 1 minute walk to bunker bar
    and from what we learned recently the beach in front of the 1500 block is in good shape (but weather can change that in an instant)

enjoy and please read all of lisa's Tam reports when you get the time.
    "wealth of information"

andrea

Last edited by Arubalisa; 11-08-2009 at 03:51 PM.

Thanks Lisa, that's a little steep. I think I'll consider other options.

I don't blame you. Like Andrea said we only pay for it 'cause dh has to work.