Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New Year Eve 2013

I recommend you make dinner reservations at Papiemento, by the pool. I still think it is the most romantic restaurant in Aruba. While I love the romantic 'toes in the water' eateries (Flying Fishbone; Barefoot; Passions) when you're facing the ocean you can't see the amazing fireworks! We are in Aruba for 4 weeks...from Thanksgiving till the Thursday before Christmas, but last year we stayed for 7 weeks and got to experience New Year's Eve in Aruba...wow! The sky is literally aglow in a semi circle with the dark half of the circle being over the ocean. Arubans start setting off fireworks during the day (to ward off the evil spirits) but once evening comes the fireworks really start. I was afraid that the lighthouse would be too busy so after dinner we returned to our room at La Cabana and watched the fireworks from our terrace. Closer to midnight we went out on the back balconies so we could see even more of the island...and it's not just the hotels setting them off...it's everyone! The sky is completely lit up...just glorious! After midnight we went to Alhambras where we were given party hats and a toothpick. The room was set up for a balloon drop where several folks won what was on a tiny piece of paper in the balloons that they got to break...such fun! We look forward to welcoming in 2013 in Aruba and can't wait for those amazing fireworks!

Ooops...posted the first response and when it didn't appear, wrote up response number two! Not sure how response #1 popped up out of nowhere but I have no idea how to delete it so I leave that up to the moderator to do!

Aruba since 1979
    i deleted the first one

you all have the ability to delete your own posts.

after you post and you, for whatever reason want to dump it, go to the post, hit the EDIT button and choose delete. it will ask for a reason, but it is not necessary to give a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by arubamarty View Post
    Ooops...posted the first response and when it didn't appear, wrote up response number two! Not sure how response #1 popped up out of nowhere but I have no idea how to delete it so I leave that up to the moderator to do!

OK, now I know...thanks. And, thank you for all the time and effort you put into this great site for those of us who love Aruba!!

Thanks for the info. We may try that.

My wife and I spent new years eve about 2 or 3 years ago at the Radisson. We had a great nye dinner on the beach at the Rad. For additional charge, we went up to the penthouse there, where they had a live band, food and drink. A great time was had by all. I would do it again in a heart beat.

New Years in Aruba

I've been coming to Aruba for over 15 years, 2-4 times per year. And for the last seven years for New Years week. I would suggest a romantic dinner at Marriotts Simply Fish. Tables are in the sand at waters edge and food is excellent. You can see spectacular fireworks over the ocean at midnight. Everyone walks in the sand where music is playing and a good time is has by all. Enjoy!

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsH View Post
    I've been coming to Aruba for over 15 years, 2-4 times per year. And for the last seven years for New Years week. I would suggest a romantic dinner at Marriotts Simply Fish. Tables are in the sand at waters edge and food is excellent. You can see spectacular fireworks over the ocean at midnight. Everyone walks in the sand where music is playing and a good time is has by all. Enjoy!

We spent the 2010/2011 New Years holiday in Aruba and had a great time. Almost every hotel will have some sort of special dinner/dance/party or a combo of those. Check with your hotel and other hotels to see what is offered. As soon as you find what you want, book it because they fill up fast. Also, many restaurants have special dinners or parties as well.

When we were there we booked the special 5 course dinner at Amsterdam Manor (where we stay) which included tables around the pool area, live music, dancing around the pool after dinner, champagne at midnight, and we were able to watch the fireworks from their upperdeck bar by the pool. Later, around 1am, we went to Amadeus for a party with friends who live on the island followed by dancing at Cafe Capri. Think we got "home" around 3:30am. It was a fun night!

Here's the link to the dinner party at Mango's (located at Amsterdam Manor) for this New Years Eve:
    http://www.restaurantsaruba.com/menu...cfb0b58717.pdf
    Last edited by ~Amy~; 11-29-2012 at 02:08 PM.
    ~Amy~ - Playa del Carmen, MX: March 2017 - 34th trip to Aruba: May 2017 - Munich, Salzburg, Prague: June/July 2017 - Santa Barbara, CA wine country: Nov. 2017 - Seattle: Nov. 2017 - 35th trip to Aruba: New Years Eve 2017/2018

I agree - the views from up at the lighthouse are stunning (both for sunset and for the fireworks)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12