Aruba Beach

Thread: Newbie to Aruba NEXT WEEK

Smile Newbie to Aruba NEXT WEEK

Hi All:

I have been poking around the site and it seems that most of you are so familiar with what to do. where to go and what to eat in Aruba. My best friend and I will be arriving in Aruba next monday. We are staying at the Marriott Renaissance and would love any hints or suggestions from all of you. We are really excited to see Aruba as neither of us have visited there before.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    We own 3 timeshares there....the Ren is a great place. Remember, your room key is your boat ride, no room key, no island for you, one per person....really!! Jorge, is the best waiter on the private island. Check out my pics on the Gallery here for Ren Island. Ask away for questions, we are Reniassance people.

Lola!

Welcome to the board. Surf around, find some ideas and maybe ask some specifics. You and your pal will have a great time. Take lots of photos.

I recommend the party buses and the sunset cruises, the kind of things you might not be able to do back home. Do some snorkeling; don't eat too much. Lock up the credit cards or the shopping will get out of hand.

Enjoy!
    Aruba's Novelist in Residence (sometimes)
    http://www.bentpage.wordpress.com/

CindyO:
    Thanks for all your suggestions. Any ideas for restaurants?

DianeakaLola...
    These are injumping out or walking distance to the Renaissance...with my opinions( can't help it). We have been 12 times....
    Iguana Joes- a must, kinda like a TGIF, great drinks, great location overlooking the main street.
    Casa Tua- behind the Marina Tower- another must. Great Pizza, fetucine alfredo, cheap, good, a hidden gem downtown. The other location is always mobbed.
    The Paddock- great ribs, wed eve, 13.00 all you can eat. Great onion soup. Kinda a drinking hole on the water, great location
    El Guacho's- husband loves it, i like it. Others will have their strong opinions. Argentinian steaks, alot of food. A couple of blocks away
    Le Petit Cafe- never been, relatives love it
    Gambero Russo- Relatives like it, I do not. Great location
    Senior Frogs- Drinking place, water slide inside, strong drinks. If i was single and 20, thats where I would go
    The Grill House- relatives love it
    Aquarius- Great brunch and great buffet. Inside the marina tower.
    A must, requires cab rides....madame Jeannettes, Flying Fishbone, Sunset grill, Marandi's...all oudoor eatting, choose one or so...
    Now, others will weigh in, and have their opinions, read them all as we all have good and bad experiences.
    What ever you do you will enjoy. Places I don't like or haven't heard good things about I did not mention.
    PM if you have more questions.
    Last edited by cindyo; 06-17-2008 at 07:48 PM.

Cindyo:
    I have printed out this list and am including it in my file of stuff to bring with us. Thanks for your great suggestions! Another question, if I may. What do you know about the Tattoo Party Boat? Is it a fun time or is it an orgy of bikini clad 20 year olds and the boys that are trying to date them? We are two 40ish women (young minded) but have children in their teens. We don't want to feel out of place or uncomfortable. You seem so knowledgeable about all things Aruba. Thanks for your help.

Diane aka Lola,
    Skip the Tatoo. IMOP the Palm Pleasure is the best boat around. It is a 100 ft catamaran that has a sunset cruise and a snorkel cruise. Both are fabulous. The sunset is worth seeing in aruba and is 2 hrs.. The snorkel cruise, 3 hrs, makes 2 stops and has all the equip you need. Both have happy hours and asst of food included in the price. If I were you, based on how you describe yourself, I personally would do the sunset sail. Check out my gallery pics of the boat. I have included both sunset and snorkel.( we did sunset adults only, and did the snorkel with 29 of us). Hands down my choice for a boat....If you're taking your teens I would suggest the snorkel sail. You can also go online and view the info at Depalm tours. Boook online, or when you get there.

Downtown we also enjoy the Old Fisherman for dinner.
    Tom & Karen

Next Trip: Jan. 6 - April 7

You all are fantastic. Thanks for all the great advice!!!!