Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Newbie from NY!

Talking Newbie from NY!

Hello all!

Id like to start off by saying i have been reading on this board for almost a month now and you guys are extremely helpful and I get answers to almost all of my questions just by looking throughout threads. you guys are great thank you!

My name is James im 21 years old and i am making my first trip to Aruba with my girlfriend August 9th-16th and will be staying at the Westin. Does anyone know of anything specific going on during those dates? We are both so excited and cannot wait!

Aruba since 1979
    hi james welcome to the aruba.com community forum.
    i inserted a link for you to click re: "calendar".

also too, i encourage you to visit these parts of the forum.
    Aruba General
    Nightlife
    Activities
    CULINARY

The Westin is in the Palm beach area which is also called the Hi rise area.
    Tons and tons of activities in that area.
    You will not be bored.
    The Westin has a lovely beach area.

So, time to do your homework, visit other areas on this site and if there is a thread that interests you, read it and ask a question from that thread.

Spend much time in the Culinary section.

My husband and i will be on island during your stay.

click this link for the calendar of events
    http://www.aruba.com/thingstodo/even...t/default.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by JamesJV View Post
    Hello all!

Id like to start off by saying i have been reading on this board for almost a month now and you guys are extremely helpful and I get answers to almost all of my questions just by looking throughout threads. you guys are great thank you!

My name is James im 21 years old and i am making my first trip to Aruba with my girlfriend August 9th-16th and will be staying at the Westin. Does anyone know of anything specific going on during those dates? We are both so excited and cannot wait!

Welcome James. Obviously, you are now well aware how exciting Aruba aka "Paradise" or "One Happy Island really will be for you both.

You and your girl friend will find it meets all your expectations and more. Ed

Thanks to the both of you for the response. I can use all the help i can get. Im doing my homework and trying my best to not show up and feel lost. Quick question i couldnt find in other threads...if me and my girlfriend explore the high rise hotels are their pools off limits? the westin pool doesnt look like the greatest compared to others!

Aruba since 1979
    off limits

and, i replied in another thread about pool hopping.
    what is wrong with the westin pool?
    i have never been in it, but have seen it and it is quite gorgeous.

aren't there 2 pools there?
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesJV View Post
    Thanks to the both of you for the response. I can use all the help i can get. Im doing my homework and trying my best to not show up and feel lost. Quick question i couldnt find in other threads...if me and my girlfriend explore the high rise hotels are their pools off limits? the westin pool doesnt look like the greatest compared to others!

As Andrea said, "Off Limits." I often had stayed at the Marriotts. All three of them; and they have both special towels which only are used at their pools; and plastic braclets that identify you as one of their guests.

As far as "Westin," Andrea can be counted on for her opinion. As you already know, she gives splendid advice.

Ed

Aruba since 1979
    thanks ed.
    you say such nice things always!

Thank you for all the information. I have not seen a second pool in any pictures but that would be great if they did.

One large swimming pool at the Westin. Are you thinking of the Radisson Andrea, which has two pools?

Aruba since 1979
    ya, maybe i am confusing the 2.

i do think that every pool at every resort with the exception of ABC and CDM
    are beautiful.
    CDM (which now has a new pool) and ABC i find their pools basic/standard/acceptable, but not gorgeous.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast