Aruba Beach

Thread: Newby - Honeymoon in Oct

Exclamation Newby - Honeymoon in Oct

Hello everyone. My Fiance and I are from Vancouver Canada and are trying to plan an Oct Honeymoon and are considering Aruba. We had thought we'd do an all inclusive to relax, but neither of us have ever tried an all inclusive, so we are looking at all options. We want to relax, but if we go to Aruba I don't know if we'd ever make it back, so I would want to rent a jeep and go see the sights. Any suggestions as to where to stay would be appreciated.

Hello fellow Canadian,
    There are so many good places to stay but one thing I will say ABSOULETLY DO NOT DO AN ALL INCLUSIVE!

Aruba is a wonderful island and so very safe. The AI here are not like other islands. Aruba has amazing restaurants that you will regret not going to. Aruba is an amazing honeymoon place (its been awhile since our honeymoon) and not do enjoy one the things that makes Aruba unique (its safety to be able to move around)and stay with an AI would be a shame. You are coming a far way, do it right and enjoy.

Lots of Honeymooners go to the Bucuti, which is an adults only place. Others on this board can give you more information on that. If you want to be on the beach and where you can walk around at night, consider the High rise/Palm Beach district. The Hyatt is a beautiful resort, with a fabulous pool and beach area. Right in the middle of the group of hotels and right across from a lot of restaurants, etc.

As an aside, Air Canada is the most expensive way to fly. I have given up on them. You would need to go to Toronto and then.... oops, AC doesn't start going to Aruba until Dec. 19th. Anyway, check US Air, and some of the US carriers as their prices are much better. If you are using AC points, then you will need to go with a star alliance partner.

We are here to help.....you will love Aruba!
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents

Thank you for the Reply Randi. This website is amazing, and I am greatful for it.
    We were considering an All inclusive in Jamaica, or some other place where you don't want to wonder around because you wouldn't feel safe, but in Aruba I'd want to explore.

My plan would be to drive to Seattle and fly from there to Miami, sleep in Miami then catch a flight to Aruba. This way we would arrive fresh, and also the Fiance doesn't travel well so same day connections don't sit well with her.

My main problem with a Honeymoon is I am a Tripadvisor addict, and every place gets so many bad reviews I get scared off. It's stressing me out

So far I thing it will be either Bucuti or Renaissance, or maybe both for some variety since we will be there 10 days. We will rent a jeep for a couple days for sure, but it sounds like we wont' need one for the entire time.

Once again, thank you for the help

Reniassance Island & Surf Club Lazy River
    [quote=canadianmooners;135497]
    So far I thing it will be either Bucuti or Renaissance, or maybe both for some variety since we will be there 10 days.

Ask away about the Rennaissance, there are plenty of resident "experts" on that location. See gallery pictures also. cindy

Quote Originally Posted by canadianmooners View Post
    My main problem with a Honeymoon is I am a Tripadvisor addict, and every place gets so many bad reviews I get scared off. It's stressing me out
    From past experience I have found with TA that you must read the reviews with a grain of salt. Throw out the best and worst reviews and the truth is somewhere in between. If all inclusive is what you are considering, it is unfortunate that the Riu and Occidental do get such a wide variety of reviews.

Imo, all inclusive is personal preference. In some places such as Jamaica it is a requirement. In Aruba it is not. If you are big drinkers, all inclusive is definitely beneficial. We travel all inclusive to Aruba because it is most affordable for us when figuring in costs of 3 meals a day. We do treat ourselves though to dinner off property as our budget allows.

If you really find yourselves needing to cut your budget, definitely check into renting a timeshare. You can use the kitchen to make your own breakfast and lunch as well as drinks.

For a non all inclusive honeymoon do look into the Bucuti. I don't think you can go wrong.

This site is addictive - I've got so much reading to do. Thank you everyone for the advise, and I hope to see you all there

hello fellow Canadian..my wife and I have been going for over 10 years now and we've always gone all inclusive..just makes the trip so easy not having to worry about each meal..doesn't mean you can't venture out a few times too though...like others have suggested there are many restaurants there if you do decide to go out on your own..either way you'll be provided with many choices.
    enjoy your trip

BGP
    We had a wonderful honeymoon at Bucuti last Dec. I highly recommend it.