Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not sure if...

Not sure if...

I am still considered new but I realized that I never did an intro.

My name is Kisha. Currently residing in the lovely snow covered state of Maryland. I am a 31 year old mother of six (three boys and three girls) that just has to get away from it all at least once a year. Usually we go on a cruise or to Jamaica or the Bahamas. But having been to both places several times I wanted something different this year. We recently purchased a timeshare thru bluegreen (about two years ago) but never used it. So I figured why waste our money on the payments and never use it.

Aruba is on my list of top places to visit. With only Hawaii above it...I am so siked to be able to take our first trip there. I know that I will fall in love as many have...awwww I can see the sandy beach and the blue water now...

Well that is my intro.

Thanks for letting me share
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Kisha, welcome to the forum.....
    We love Aruba for so many reasons as you can tell...there is so much to do and not do depending on what you prefer....like laying on the beach all day with a cool balashi in hand....
    We have been to Hawaii and loved it, the problem is.....Dh hated the long flight and said ..."Never Again!!".....but he doesn't mind the flight to Aruba. We live right outside of Pittsburgh (close to you actually....)and have to go from here to Charlotte to Aruba.....not bad at all....I would go back to Hawaii, but have not been to all of the Caribbean Islands yet so they are first on the list......problem is I love Aruba so much I always end up just going there......although my niece and I are talking about going to Barbados in March...
    anyway, if you have any questions you know we have all the answers......many of us have been going for years and the moderators know absolutely everything and are always willing to share....!!!!!!
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Thanks for the welcome... I can't wait.

What I have always wanted to know but didn't want to start a post on ...was... What is a Balashi. I know I could google it...but Im lazy. lol
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Natural Pool, Druif Beach, Eagle Beach, California Lighthouse, Helicopter
    Quote Originally Posted by sunlover31 View Post
    Thanks for the welcome... I can't wait.

What I have always wanted to know but didn't want to start a post on ...was... What is a Balashi. I know I could google it...but Im lazy. lol
    Balashi is a beer brewed in Aruba

Hi Kisha! I think you will love Aruba. We went 2 years ago with my in-laws for our late honeymoon and are heading back in less than a month. It's so relaxing and fun with the best weather
    Last edited by sunnysmiles; 02-14-2010 at 02:21 PM.
    Laura

Kisha,
    Balashi is brewed on the island and is a great beer...although if you ask some....not naming any names....they would tell you the best beer on the island is an Amstell Bright...you can only get in on Aruba (no ideas why) and it is also great from what I understand....anyway, our beer here in the states is all considered imports and usually more expensive than either Balashi, Bright, or Heineken....not why I drink those however...
    ARUBA....HOME AWAY FROM HOME

Aruba since 1979
    HOLY TOLEDO you are a mom to 6 children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and you have time to go to aruba and look at this site?
    way to go!

You dear Kisha are amazing and only 31 yrs old!!!!

thanks for the intro.

andrea
    Quote Originally Posted by sunlover31 View Post
    I am still considered new but I realized that I never did an intro.

My name is Kisha. Currently residing in the lovely snow covered state of Maryland. I am a 31 year old mother of six (three boys and three girls) that just has to get away from it all at least once a year. Usually we go on a cruise or to Jamaica or the Bahamas. But having been to both places several times I wanted something different this year. We recently purchased a timeshare thru bluegreen (about two years ago) but never used it. So I figured why waste our money on the payments and never use it.

Aruba is on my list of top places to visit. With only Hawaii above it...I am so siked to be able to take our first trip there. I know that I will fall in love as many have...awwww I can see the sandy beach and the blue water now...

Well that is my intro.

Thanks for letting me share

Aruba since 1979
    balashi is not only an aruban beer.........it is a neighborhood on aruba.
    the balashi section is near where the old drive in theater was located and by coincidence the balashi plant/factory is in that vicinity as well

Andrea with all that I do at work and with the kids, I deserve some time away from it all. I am a mail carrier and it is a very tiring job with hours that can be the pits. Actually both me and DH are carriers. Our kids are 14, 11, 9, 6 year old twins, and a 1 year. So combined with work and the bunch we need this. I wish it could be longer but I can not impose on my mother too long. She is not the young spry woman she used to be and keeping up with the bunch is much harder for her now... so we will take the seven days and enjoy them.

Thanks for the explanation of balashi. So if I don't like the beer they sale in the states (taste horrible to me) is it safe to say that I will not enjoy balashi?
    Kisha

Aruba trip in

Hi Kisha:

Welcome to the Site.

As you are, obviously, aware, people such as Andrea and Aruba Lisa, are always willing to give information and their thoughts to anyone that has questions.

I, also, have been to Hawaii, a couple of times...a long trip; but the Islands are beautiful and have a lot to offer; but, I visited Aruba years ago, and with the exception of one trip to Hawaii since; I am constantly drawn back to "Paradise...Aruba."

The people on the Island are very friendly; and the Island's nick-name" One Happy Island definitely holds true. You will love it.

I am sure that all the members of the "Forum" will be more than happy to assist you in any way they can.

Do go! You will never regret it.

Ed

Aruba since 1979
    i am still in awe....
    6 kids
    full time job that is stressful and physically exhausting.
    you deserve aruba MORE than anyone i know.
    congratulations on being able to juggle a very full life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast