Aruba Beach
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: October or November best to go to Aruba?

Question October or November best to go to Aruba?

My husband and I are planning to visit Aruba for the first time in either October or November. Is one time better than another?
    We're in our 50's, love to snorkel, find good food, and enjoy the beach.

We went to Mexico last year in October (23rd) and, although they said it was their rainy season, the weather was lovely with wonderful breezes on the beach and great snorkeling at Akumal Beach. We did have one rainy day but it wasn't a problem.

Also would like to know the best snorkeling areas from a beach where the water is calm or fun boat trips to nice beach through NOT rough waters (seasick!) I'm a newbie snorkeler and get freaked out if the water is rough. - yeah , I know, I'm a pain . (loved Xel-ha!) Also my husband is recovering from a major back surgery so don't want him doing anything where he might get knocked around too much!!

Any good suggestions for snorkeling or good food or shopping most greatly appreciated! Also areas where you don't have to walk toooo far. Although since his surgery my hubby is much more mobile, he still gets sore if he has to walk far.

OH we will be staying at the Occidental Aruba Grande Resort. Can you tell us anything about it?

Thanks so much!
    Meenie
    Last edited by Meenie; 08-08-2010 at 04:57 PM.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of info here on the forum.

There is very little difference in weather on Aruba. October is the beginning of rainy season, but with a little over 21 inches of rain per year, you are not talking about much rain at all. Rain also falls mainly in short showers overnight or early in the morning. It is very rare in Aruba where you will have a day which is "rained out".

October weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 80 F.
    Average temperature 83 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average windspeed 13 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 28 mph
    Average rainfall 2.60 inches (20.3 inches annual)

November weather
    Average high temperature 90 F.
    Average low temperature 78 F.
    Average temperature 82 F.
    Average water temperature 83 F.
    Average windspeed 13 mph
    Average maximum wind speed 29 mph
    Average rainfall 3.10 inches (20.3 inches annual)

For snorkeling info
    Snorkel/Snuba
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkel%20cruise.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snorkeling%20beach.html
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/snor...0catalina.html

Culinary & Culture
    http://www.aruba.com/forum/tags/restaurants.html

http://www.aruba.com/ThingstoDo/shopping.aspx

Aruba Meets all Your Shopping Needs

I would think November would be a better bet if you plan on spending much time in the water. While hurricanes rarely even brush the island, the surf can pick up and the waves can be choppy if there is a storm nearby. Major storms can also "suck up" the breeze that keeps you cooled off normally. It can feel much more humid and oppressive when that happens. As mid-September is considered the peak of hurricane season, anything you can do to move away from that peak should improve the weather.

Natural Pool, Depalm Island, Eagle Beach..................ARUBA, what's not to like.
    My husband and I vacationed for the first time in Aruba last year. We went between Oct. 23rd and the 31st. The weather was continually warm with a gentle breeze. If there were rain it must have been overnight.

The water is unbelievable and not one piece of seaweed to be found.

Since this was our first trip and we were unsure as to whether we would return, we tried to experience all that we could.

As far as snorkeling, there are alot of spots to do that but, since we weren't familiar we took advantage of the De Palm Island and snorkeled amongst the beautiful Parrot Fish. It's a must for a first time visitor. The ferry ride is a short 4 min. ride and quite calm.

Lots of great places to dine. We weren't able to attend but, I'm told Madaame Janettes is one of the best restaurants on the island.

We will be there again this year between 10/23 and 11/6. Perhaps we'll catch up with you.

Have a wonderful trip.

My husband and I go usually the first week in October - again this year since our anniversary falls on the 8th and have had minimal rain, when it did it was for a few minutes and then it was dry as a bone! weather has always been perfect each year we've been.
    as far as the hotel - we have stayed there 2 years in a row and both enjoyed it very much.
    i hope you and your husband enjoy your trip as much as everyone else does

We bought a time share at the Occidental last year. (actually we are vacation club owners.)

Never stayed there yet-- and looking to read everything we can get or eyes on.

We are not using it this year-- but definitely next year-- we will be going in Sept again.

I think for your husband-- it will be a good idea for you to go in the water first to see if there is any drrop offs. (Radisson had that a lot--you'd be walking then all the sudden it will drop a foot or two- for someone with a bad back that could be jarring

This November is our 1st trip to Aruba and we're looking forward to it.
    Hope 4 good weather...

Quote Originally Posted by LuluPetiteChef View Post
    This November is our 1st trip to Aruba and we're looking forward to it. Hope 4 good weather...
    The only thing I can suggest to you-- do NOT read the weather reports.
    On our last visit I read the report that it was going to be cloudy with chances of rain every single day. I was so stressed that we paid all this money and the weather was going to be lousy.

It wasnt- so all that stressing was for nothing.

There is not a dern thing we can do about the weather so why look.

Where ya staying?

We're going to stay in the Holiday Inn Sunspree

October, at least at the Marriott Ocean Club (the various Marriott sit next to the HI) is a steady increase of people each week.

Week#1 has a large influx of S. American guest and retirees there for multiple weeks.
    Week#2 the retirees increase and S. American guest stay about the same. This year was busier with all the 10/10/10 honeymooners.
    Week#3 S. American crowd thins out this week and this may be peak week for the retirees.
    Week#4 is slower by July and January standards but this is really a full week at MOC

1st Week of November we avoid. New Jersey schools are closed that week and MOC is very July/August like this week.

Hope that helps.
    Aruba where the toughest question each day is "where to dine tonight".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast