Aruba Beach
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: On Our Way!! But Not Soon Enough!!!!

Aruba since 1979
    "doug's theory"….is pretty much right on the money. it is so easy today, because of social media and sites like this or tripadvisor, to "report" the little things that need not be mentioned. i get frustrated when folks complain about something going bad at a restaurant or resort and as soon as they are near a computer they report "the horror of it all". i usually reply, did you speak with the manager or owner?………..and they in turn say no. WTH??? Social media is very terrific for so many things.

your theory is right on target.

i am waiting to read some dining questions in the culinary section from you?

i am certain that you will love your land based aruba vacation and that the trop will be just fine!!
    i have got friends heading there on sunday for a month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug R. View Post
    Thanks for the welcome Arubabob and Marea. I have developed "Doug's Theory of Bad Reviews" over the years. One major malfunction and then all the minor stuff that may have gone unnoticed or ignored suddenly become major issues. If there is a problem during check-in and/or the front desk staff is having a bad day suddenly the tiny wine stain next to the couch becomes "the carpets were stained and worn", a couple of tiny hairs in the shower or a crumpled paper left in a waste basket becomes "the room was filthy and filled with garbage." I have read reviews from others on the same cruise I was on and wondered if they really were on the same ship as us. A good example was our tour with DePalm on ATVs. We loved the tour and our crazy funny guide, it was bumpy, dusty, a great overview of Aruba and 100% fun. Others complained it was bumpy and dusty and the sights were boring. Did they read the description? Did they realize that 4WD=Bumpy? Apparantly not. We only got to see sights on the north part of the island. Places south of Oranjested such as Natural Pool and Baby Beach remained to be explored.

Hi Doug, welcome to the forum. Dick
    Next Aruba trip in

We stayed at the Tropicana on our very first two nights on Aruba, before a planned change to Palm Beach for the rest of our stay. The room was just what we wanted, clean and comfy, we were just there to shower and sleep, no complaints. The pool area was great. The location did feel a little cut off to us, but we are the type that like a busier beach area. I am out of shape and while it was a bit longer than I prefer, the walk to the beach wasn't too bad with the nice Aruban breeze. The end of that walk was definitely worth it! If you are the type that like to carry lots of things you the beach with you, I could see where it would be a hike. If you do not rent a car, the public bus is easily accessible from the main road.
    Not sure when, but we will be back

Welcome to the board. The Tropicana is a nice place to stay. After all, most of the time u just sleep in the room. Other than that, u r soaking up the rays!! Enjoy.
    Snorkel Mangel Halto, day or night with a waterscooter. Check out our website. E-mail Stuart at arubabob@live.com or call Stuart local: 745-7459 Or visit: www.arubabobsnorkeling.com 50th trip Dec 11, 2017

Thanks Kent! We have had good experiences with the timeshares we made exchanges for even though most had some negative reviews. I think some have expectations of the Ritz at a fraction of the price. Like I said, with the nasty winter we just endured I would stay in a hut near the beach just to get some sunshine and palm trees!

Plenty of ADVENTURE!!!!

My wife and I vacationed in Aruba 7 years ago (A different place year-that was our plan)We stayed at the Hyatt and everything was great.On the last night we did a Sunset Cruise and met 2 other coulpes staying in a timeshare next door at the Playa Linda.The amount was very inexpensive compared to other timeshares and we went the next morning to inquire.Perfect-we look over the pool straight out to the ocean.Here comes the adventure part (the Sunset Cruise was not it) We have rented a Jeep and went to the desert side of the island,went to Boca Grande (big beach)to watch kite surfers in very rough surf,we rented ATVs 3 time-the most fun and all your wife has to do is hang onto you.The ATV tour to the hidden pool is very adventurous and reccomend that only after a regular ATV tour.Good Luck and maybe you too will fall in love with Aruba a join us at Playa Linda in Palm Beach.Please visit the Palm Beach area.If you do take the stroll along the paved walk at the back of the highrises.

Aruba since 1979
    welcome to the forum JJM007
    Quote Originally Posted by JJM007 View Post
    Plenty of ADVENTURE!!!!

My wife and I vacationed in Aruba 7 years ago (A different place year-that was our plan)We stayed at the Hyatt and everything was great.On the last night we did a Sunset Cruise and met 2 other coulpes staying in a timeshare next door at the Playa Linda.The amount was very inexpensive compared to other timeshares and we went the next morning to inquire.Perfect-we look over the pool straight out to the ocean.Here comes the adventure part (the Sunset Cruise was not it) We have rented a Jeep and went to the desert side of the island,went to Boca Grande (big beach)to watch kite surfers in very rough surf,we rented ATVs 3 time-the most fun and all your wife has to do is hang onto you.The ATV tour to the hidden pool is very adventurous and reccomend that only after a regular ATV tour.Good Luck and maybe you too will fall in love with Aruba a join us at Playa Linda in Palm Beach.Please visit the Palm Beach area.If you do take the stroll along the paved walk at the back of the highrises.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12